Diablo ][: Resurrected

Diablo II: Resurrected includes all content from both Diablo II and its epic expansion Diablo II: Lord of Destruction®. Rebuilt in all-new 3D graphics, brand-new cinematics, remastered audio… and the same classic Diablo® II gameplay you remember.

• Remastered graphics—monsters, heroes, items, spells, all resurrected in up to 4k (2160p).
  • Remastered cinematics
  • Remastered audio
  • Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.
  • Planned support for cross-progression—take your progress wherever you play.
  • Revamped ladder seasons
  • Redesigned user interface

Cross-Progression (planned feature)

Keep Your Progress Wherever You Play With the planned cross-progression feature, you’ll be able to access your characters and keep their progress wherever you play Diablo II: Resurrected.

• Bring your characters and loot across all supported platforms.
  • Retain your level, quest, progress, skills, and talents.

Cross-progression requires a linked Battle.net account and separate Diablo II: Resurrected purchase for each supporting platform.

Revamped Ladder Seasons

Join the ranks of Diablo II: Resurrected players worldwide and enjoy the race to the top of the ladder. Rank up in a new, exclusive ladder system with more frequent restarts and earn your place among legends.

Redesigned User Interface

Enjoy advanced character sheet stat information, item tooltip comparisons, automatic partying upon entering multiplayer games, and more with the new and improved user interface in Diablo II Resurrected.

Expanded Stash

More Space for More Loot The original personal Stash has been expanded, and we’ve added a shared stash tab, so you can spend more time slaying demons and collecting loot, and less time managing it all.

• Personal Stash increased from 6x8 to 10x10 grid.
  • Shared Stash tab available to all characters on a single Battle.net account.
  • Transfer gear easily between heroes—no mules required.

Bring Your Own Army

Diablo II: Resurrected features cooperative gameplay supporting up to eight players, and each player also has access to one mercenary. The minions of the Burning Hells may grow stronger, but they’ll be no match for you!

7 Likes

Definitely gonna get this on Switch at some point.

4 Likes

does cross progression include cross play? like will I be able to play with people on xbox/PS for instance?

4 Likes

I very much doubt that. Would be nice though but I can’t imagine that happening.

5 Likes

Definitely getting this :mechanical_arm:

4 Likes

Tempted, but life is so busy, there’s no time left for Diablo 2 level of grinding. Even jamming with friends, requires the kind of commitment, only john wick has.

5 Likes

I dont get it. D2 was good, but there is no way I am buying old games again. And this will probably cost as much as new games… (I admit, I did not even read the article… Remasters and rereleases bug me…)

4 Likes

They usually bug me as well, if the remaster doesn’t add enough. The recent Age of Empires remasters were done really well and they did provide a couple of hours of nostalgic joy. I really did enjoy Diablo 2 back in the day and I’ve always intended to replay it, so this might be the ideal opportunity to do so.

5 Likes

I’m keen. No ARPG I’ve tried since D2 has quite managed to be as enjoyable for me. I still occasionally binge on it. Having an updated version for modern systems is perfect!
[edit] The base price is 40 Euros and there is a technical Alpha that you can opt-in for.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone online mention the supposed boycott everyone was calling for when the Blizzard thing with China happened a year or two ago…

3 Likes

Im not happy with them, also not excited at all for either of their games. Its sad because as much as I love it, I know for a fact I cant afford it.

3 Likes

Ya, same boat. Same with ME:LE. Can’t afford it, so I don’t have to worry about the internal conflict ^^

3 Likes

If a game isn’t really cheap (Nioh 2 comes to mind. Price very cheap for a new title) or on Game Pass then I probably won’t play it.

I loved Diablo II. It’s the game I spent the most time on of all games in my life. Do I want to go back and play it again? I really don’t know. It’ll depend on the price I guess.

4 Likes

They did apologise for it, reduced the ban for the casters and Blitzchung, and gave him his prize money back. There were protests in the following (offline) Blizzcon from fans. I’m not sure what the plan was this year, but simply not watching is a form of protest, I guess.

I’m not sure what Blizzard can do beyond that. Indefinitely boycotting any of their output is certainly a decision for those who feel that strongly.

4 Likes

Oh right, I forgot about that apology.

3 Likes

While I don’t agree with shitty business practices from publishers or developers it certainly won’t stop me from buying/enjoying a game that I am interested in.

Yes, this remaster is probably going to be expensive on Switch but I think the hours of entertainment and escape it will give me will balance that out.

2 Likes

I wasn’t really impressed by their apology, and haven’t spent much time with Blizzard games since then (not that I was playing much of them before the controversy anyway).

They did allow others to protest at Blizzcon 2019 by yelling “Free Hong Kong!” into the microphone without obvious repercussions, but they still didn’t roll back the temp bans on Blitzchung and the casters. Actions speak louder than words, and Blizzard’s insistence on keeping the six-month bans in place spoke volumes.

That said, the “keep politics out of my video games” crowd should count it is as a victory. While their focus is generally on the toxic culture wars and identity politics (and even non-toxic explorations of the topic, for that matter), limitations on political speech have to cut both ways. Identity politics can’t be off-limits but “Free Hong Kong” allowed.

Aaaaaanyway…

As a challenge to my potential biases, I even reinstalled Battle.net and re-downloaded Diablo 3 awhile ago to check out the new season. Played to level 70, grinded for an hour or two, then gave up again.

3 Likes

I’m in a similar boat. I loved Diablo 2. I probably played more D3 than D2 in the end and Warframe is probably fast approaching their records.

However, just the thought of the time you need to sink into Diablo 2 makes me tired.

Maybe seen as a pure social activity since you can have 8 people in one team it’ll be worth it. We’ll see.

3 Likes

Perfectly put

2 Likes

I only really ever completed the campaign with 4 different classes. I never went on the grind for specific weapons, gems, armour or whatnot to get that “perfect build”. I also didn’t have the expansion (yes, EXPANSION, not DLC). I don’t recall spending nearly as much time in the game as I did in Diablo 3. But, then again, it was high school and I had a lot more free time on my hands and time trackers weren’t as easily integrated into games as they are these days. So maybe I spent hundreds of hours in the game, where I only remember maybe spending 50 or so? So for me this is the ideal time to jump back into the game and experience it the way I should have.

3 Likes