Diablo ][: Resurrected

Could it be worse than Path of Exile? I mean that’s why I don’t play that, if this is anything like it then it’s a hard pass for me.

1 Like

Played a little bit, all I would say is remember to press the “G” key whilst playing to really appreciate how big the graphics difference is. So far having a lot of fun, so much nostalgia, much sound, so wow, honestly.

4 Likes

It’s great. Played with a friend in the UK hosting, and picked up one or two lag spikes, but nothing too bad. It’s very playable, feels like Diablo 2, and I’ll pick it up on release.

3 Likes

I’m glad that I got to play the beta. It’s great hearing the music again and I had fun playing it. There’s definitely some lag between hitting something and it dying but that would be gone with an offline character.

However, I will not be getting it. Playing it again made me realise that I probably spent over a 1000 hours on Diablo II before and I’m not going to do it again. I will rather hold on for Diablo IV.

4 Likes

Tried the beta on Xbox, just finished the first quest. It’s enough for me to know I want Diablo 2 in my life again. I want to get it on Switch though so I’m just gonna wait for a performance review. If it has solid performance I will buy it for sure.

4 Likes

I like that they did this but I don’t think I’ll get it. It’s way too expensive for me and playing the beta just reminds me that I actually find the combat and progression in Diablo 3 more satisfying. It’s really cool to see the redone cinematics though, I must have watched the originals hundreds of times.

2 Likes

With you there!

3 Likes

I dunno, I’m one of those people that played and loved Diablo 2, but didn’t pour endless hours into it. I’d say I completed the story with each class and never got the expansion. So that means there’s still a ton of undiscovered content for me, which would put this right up my alley.

6 Likes

So this is releasing today. Who of you will be playing?

1 Like

Not at almost R700, that’s just crazy.

3 Likes

I agree with @MetalSoup

Nope

2 Likes

And it’s unlocked! Initial impressions are that it’s exactly what I wanted - a modern D2 wil QoL improvements.

There still seems to be a tad of latency when playing online, so I made an offline character. Kind of sucks that you can’t use an offline character online, but I suspect that it’s to curb cheating etc.

4 Likes

For me that’s a very fair price and I’m just waiting on some feedback on the performance for Switch. I know I will put a LOT of time into this game so R700 is definitely fair.

3 Likes

Seems it’s 30FPS on Switch and running native res (720p handheld and 1080p docked). That’s perfectly acceptable as the original game ran at 25FPS. I haven’t seen anything about performance in big battles with lots of effects and stuff but judging by how well D3 runs on switch I don’t think there will be any issues. Buying.

2 Likes

No time for this even if I did buy it.

2 Likes

Played it this past sunday. Got through Act I. Love the new look. Somewhere around 7pm game crashed, and online character was gone. Went to watch a movie, came back, and they fixed it. Didn’t lose anything. So, finished 2 more quests in Act II. 3 crashes to desktop in total. On the whole, think the game is just what it always was. The classic Diablo 2 mechanics and game balance, holds the game up, above the garbage battle.net service it runs on. Clearly, they’re working on it. I would wait a week or two, for them to fix the major issues, if you’re not willing to put up with hiccups or down right catastrophe. If you’re not too fussed with the possibility of starting over multiple times, meh, try it. It’s great, when it works.

It’s launched with problems, but it still kicks the ever living shit out of Diablo 3.

3 Likes

I am one of the unlucky ones who could not even launch the game. Instantly crashes. Beta still worked fine, but for release they implemented an AVX CPU instruction set that older CPUs doesn’t have. Apparently this was unintended and a fix should be coming today. Hopefully I will be able to play tonight.

1 Like

I’m on Act II as well. I’m playing offline and had no crashes, really enjoying it so far!

1 Like

I guess limited inventory storage doesn’t count as a QoL adjustment? :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, it’s still fundamentally D2, I suppose they decided to leave that as is.