Diablo ][: Resurrected

Which is why I will do the beta if I can just so I can make up my mind

1 Like

Game companies have done successful betas, and then turned around and screwed us after release. That’s why day one patches exist.

1 Like

Yea I know, its more just a case of will it be worth it to even invest in it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Anyone got an Alpha invite?

I am a little annoyed cause a buddy, who has not played D3 in years got one. Me, who have played every season for 23 season…nothing. Doesn’t loyalty count for anything :cry:

3 Likes

Nothing here :frowning:. I’ve been registered for the alpha since day 1 and also have a lot of D2 and D3 hours under my belt. Also participated in the D2 beta.

To your question regarding loyalty: doubt it. It’s probably going to be mostly luck of the draw. I don’t even remember having to provide an updated scan of my PC hardware this time, so it doesn’t seem like they’re even trying to test on a spread of hardware (yet).

Here’s the post about the tech alpha going live:

Q: How do I take part in the Technical Alpha?

A: Starting this Friday, a limited amount of PC players who have pre-registered on the Diablo II: Resurrected website will be able to download the Technical Alpha. Invitations to the Technical Alpha will be distributed throughout the day in waves starting at 7:00 AM (PT).

Q: If I’m unable to participate in this Technical Alpha, will I have a chance to participate in a future test?

A: The Diablo II: Resurrected Technical Alpha is only the first test. There will be at least one other chance to participate in a future test.

Q: Are test participants permitted to capture, record, or stream the Diablo II: Resurrected Technical Alpha?

A: Yes, all players are allowed to capture, record, or stream the game throughout the test.

Q: How long will the Technical Alpha last?

A: The Technical Alpha will run until 10:00 AM (PT) on Monday, April 12th. This will allow us to get the right amount of gameplay feedback and client performance data. Reference this Time Zone Converter to identify when the test will end in your region.

Q: Why are there only three classes playable in the Technical Alpha?

A: Diablo II: Resurrected will launch with seven playable classes—the Amazon, Barbarian, Sorceress, as well as the Assassin, Necromancer, Druid and Paladin. Currently, we are focusing our gameplay testing on these three classes. We will be including other classes in the upcoming testing phase.

Q: Why is the Technical Alpha only single-player?

A: Diablo II: Resurrected will launch with multiplayer, however, for the scope of this test we will be focusing on early game systems, the three playable classes, and client performance data. We will be including multi-player in an upcoming playable testing phase.

PLEASE NOTE: Although the Technical Alpha is single-player, an internet connection is still required to download the client and play the single-player in the test. The final game will permit off-line play in single-player mode, but you will be required to connect to the internet periodically to check for updates.

Q: Why are Acts 1 & II only playable in the Technical Alpha?

A: Diablo II: Resurrected will launch with the full narrative experience of the game, alongside the narrative content of the expansion, Lord of Destruction. For this test, we really want to hone in on early gameplay in the settings of Acts I & II.

Q: Why are the old in-game cinematics in the Technical Alpha? Isn’t Diablo II: Resurrected getting updated cinematics?

A: The old in-game cinematics are placeholder in the Technical Alpha as the updated cinematics are still undergoing development.

Q: Why is the Technical Alpha PC-only? Will console players be able to test Diablo II: Resurrected?

A: Diablo II: Resurrected will be launching on Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S. We will be including console players in our future play test phase.

Q: Will my progression from the Technical Alpha carry over to the next test or launch of the game?

A: No, all progression garnered from the Technical Alpha will be nontransferable to later tests or the launch of the game.

Q: Will I be able to load my Diablo II save file into the Technical Alpha?

A: No, save files will not be able to be imported into the Technical Alpha.

Q: Will we be able to make Diablo II Classic Characters?

A: This will not be enabled in the Alpha but in the final game you will have the opportunity to make characters with the base game updates only.

Q: Will the Technical Alpha have controller support?

A: The Technical Alpha will have controller support. However, this is still under development so any feedback will be valuable for us during this testing phase.

PLEASE NOTE: The controller support on PC does not fully represent the controller support experience on console. Controller support on console will have unique user interfaces, button layouts, and different option defaults to streamline the native controller interface.

Q: When will Diablo II: Resurrected be released?

A: We do not have a release to share at this time, but it will be coming in 2021.

Minimum Requirements

• Operating System: Windows® 10
  • Processor: Intel® Core i3-3250/AMD FX-4350
  • Video: Nvidia GTX 660/AMD Radeon HD 7850
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Storage: 30 GB
  • Internet: Broadband Internet connection
  • Resolution: 1280 x 720

Recommended Specifications

• Operating System: Windows® 10
  • Processor: Intel® Core i5-9600k/AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Video: Nvidia GTX 1060/AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Storage: 30 GB
  • Internet: Broadband Internet connection
  • Resolution: 1920 x 1080
3 Likes

Yea, totally random. Even pre-ordering wont get you in or give you an advantage. Guess I am more disappointed than annoyed. Would have loved to re-live my D2 childhood. But there is still hope: “will be distributed throughout the day in waves”

3 Likes

September 23rd release!

5 Likes

I’m actually most excited about the new cinematics. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Yay! Long weekend as well :smiley:

Unless we all get Error 37’d again

4 Likes

if I know blizzard, is that they never learn to increase server capacity, and unless the game just needs a quick “authentication” and from there on the game requires no connection to their servers then it should be fine, but it won’t.

Have fun decrypting what I just said, I think my brain has shut down, I don’t even know how to correct what I said to make it clearer XD

2 Likes

I’m relatively sure it will be a complete balls up. But I’m hoping it won’t be.

3 Likes

I dont know if i have a key for D2 anymore might need to buy it >< not sure if I want to play it or not ><

2 Likes

Ressurected is a standalone game so I don’t think it matters whether or not you have or had a key - it’s going to cost like R600

1 Like
7 Likes

Open Beta available this weekend, can already download on battle.net

3 Likes

Nice! I didn’t realise it’s an open beta.

1 Like

Could anyone that tries this, or tried the Closed Beta, report back on the lag. I’ve heard from people that the in-game latency for south african connections, makes it very stuttery even in the animations at best, and unplayable with random teleporting at worst.

2 Likes

Lag was a bit of an issue. Definitely noticeable and especially with a ranged character. I played Sorc and fireballs would go through enemies and then a moment later they would take damage/die.

There was also a short period during day 1 of the closed beta where the EU servers was down. Could not create a game. I switched to the US realm and it was a lot worse then.

Hopefully with release when SP is available, it will run local, cause you will be able to use locally saved character files.

4 Likes

I’m busy installing the XBox version. Will try it this evening and complain about the error codes shortly after. :slight_smile:

Will report back on what the lag is like. Sucks that there are no servers in Africa.

2 Likes

Downloading as well.

I remember with the D3 beta back in teh day the lag was also an issue, but that resolved as soon as the live servers stabilised.

2 Likes