Digital Inspirations

, ,

Found this really inspirational, such clean, much smooth, so wow.

https://tympanus.net/codrops2020/

3 Likes

For anyone that may be interested, Figma Config design conference registration has opened. Some great topics on the agenda and some excellent speakers are on deck from the industry.

@Saint_Dee | @FarligOpptreden | @anyoneelse

1 Like

Anyone familiar with Brad Frost’s Atomic Design, or use it in implementation?

1 Like

I find this site absolutely fascinating, I could spend hours on this: https://clickclickclick.click

4 Likes

Why do you do this to me ?

46% of achievements

3 Likes

Things like this amaze me, the things that people do with websites these days never cease to amaze me. I always try to explore the creative side of websites, so please excuse my over use of sharing links that inspire me, who knows, they may insipire someone else too.

4 Likes

Totally missed that Config was happening. Hopefully, they’ve got VODs so I can catch up :sweat_smile:.

Btw. I forgot to share this, back when I started focusing on UI and UX, GSAP Showcase was a treasure trove of inspiration (granted, they focused on the GSAP use, but still).

1 Like

Not sure if anyone has seen it, but a brilliant little movie/docu from our friends over at InVision, brings us Design Disruptors. Give it a look!

1 Like

Fantastic litle site this, there is some free content but still, just a great idea and wonderfully implemented.

It’s always a good time to learn a new skill; Traverse is a tool that helps you memorize stuff using scientifically backed methods. The app comes with linked notes, mind-mapping, active recall, and spaced repetition flashcards. They have different free courses you can try—French, Chinese, Java, Learning how to Learn, and others.

2 Likes

Also, I find this just mezmerizing and if I’ve shared it before, so f#king what, it’s still cool…

https://spacetypegenerator.com/

2 Likes

Don’t know if this is the right topic for this, but here is my entry for the Alternate Reality render challenge by Clinton Jones.

Learned quite a lot while doing it, but there is still a lot of things I would have liked to change if we had more time.

6 Likes

Woah man!

That is seriously impressive. Congrats and well done!

I’ve recently (yesterday actually) downloaded and installed Blender in the hopes of learning a new skill. Will see how that goes.

5 Likes

Thanks, I only picked up Blender myself a couple of months back. Haven’t touched any 3D stuff since I started my job 17 years ago. It’s much easier to learn now with all the tutorials available than it was back then.

6 Likes

I loved Clint from his Corridor Crew days! Their work is magnificent! And Clint has been doing really well after he went solo!

Also, great work on the render!

3 Likes

Here’s a montage of the Top 100 renders. @MetalSoup’s is on a par with many of these imho, but with 2400! submissions, it must have been tough to select just 100, never mind the top 5:

1st - Stephen Grimm [1:32]
2nd - Klay Abele [0:22]
3rd - Julienne Aldric [8:37]
4th - Stefan Frank [2:12]
5th - Pierson Edwards [6:22]

4 Likes

Here’s the full 2400 renders if anyone feels like torturing themselves for 3 hours.

3 Likes

Have you found yours? Time stamp it for prosperity.

Yeah it’s at about 1:08:52

1 Like

So I’ve done quite a lot of work recently on our soon-to-be-launched website. I’ve been focusing on optimising rendering, scene composition, lighting, transitions and responsiveness (primarily for 1080p+ and mobile screen sizes). There’s still a ton of work to do and our 3D modeler is frantically busy finishing off our final scenes (the “dock” scene is still unoptimised) and animating all our characters (we have 6 in total). The content on the site is also a bit crap still, as it’s a bunch of placeholder and work-in-progress content.

BUT, I thought I’d share a link with the progress so long, as I promised somewhere at some point that I would do so. So here it is! Note that it gets updated at least once each day as I’m testing new code out, so it still is quite buggy and volatile:

{type}DEV - Master Software Crafters

(btw - I’m aware of the flickering texture issues on the airship)

4 Likes

It’s surprisingly lightweight and responsive!