Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

Looks like Argentina is the new Monaco.

4 Likes

It really feels like it… It’s so narrow in the mountains, if you’re a little off line and your car snags a rock or a ditch then it pulls you toward your demise!

1 Like

This is from @Entity’s stream last night (it was in Career mode, so different car, different damage rules, etc.)…

I love that after this huge crash, that would undoubtedly have killed the car and everyone in it, all he got was a 1 minute penalty and he carried on driving :smiley:

Just over a week left for anyone still with a functioning vehicle in the game to tackle Argentina:

1 Like

I’m going to accurately recreate and record my “terminal damage” moment. It’s hilariously ridiculous in comparison.

2 Likes

Thanks Codemasters, very cool.
I obviously go over the edge on purpose here, but it’s a pretty close representation of what actually happened.

2 Likes

Okay, that is a terrible decision. Someone clearly didn’t remove the “area out-of-bounds” line for that spot from the game code. Sorry dude. If I could find a way to reset you and the other guys who DNFed for similar silly offs, I would.

2 Likes

It’s all good, we’re all playing by the same rules here, however silly they may be.

1 Like

Slightly off topic but I see that with the $10 coupon on the Epic Game Store you can pick up WRC 8 for undeer R100. Apparently it’s quite decent and the stages are really fantastically done - even if the visuals aren’t as good as DR 2.0

Here’s ol’ Jimmers giving his opinion on the game:

Might be worth it for those Rally fans. I’m considering it after seeing how well made the stages are - and there’s 100 of them!

1 Like

Definite deal with the coupon discount. That’s what I did during the Epic sale end of last year. Cost me a little over $6, but the $:R rate was better, so it’s much of a muchness. And I got it based on that exact video (and the positive mention of it somewhere here from @aldyr I think at the time - probably in the “why is epic store so kak” topic.)

Added to the list of games I haven’t played at all yet :expressionless:

2 Likes

C’mon man, was relying on your not-so-mini review :smile:

I think I will grab it.

Catamarca Province in Argentina proved to be the toughest challenge of the season so far, with drivers DNFing all over the place. Makes the P1 finish for @aldyr and the P2 finish by @Entity so much more impressive! Well done to the two of you - better than all the rest!

On the Championship Standings, @aldyr cements his hold on the title and @DarthMol and @SlinX trade the lower podium steps. With his P2 in Argentina @Entity climbs up one spot on the table while pushing me down a slot thanks to me not starting the rally. @czc moves off the bottom of the chart after his classification and @Deadlypinecone’s DNS. @oltman and @Konck hold onto their respective P4 and P7 positions.

There’s just one more rally to go in the current season. We head to the dusty outback of a land down under for the 12 stages of Rally Australia in Monaro. For this final event we’ll be using the Modern Rally GT class, which is packed with some really interesting cars that are normally found racing on tarmac circuits and not gravel tracks (which, for many a rally purist is tantamount to heresy! I’ve seen the Rally GT class referred as a “perversion” and an “abomination” :smiley: )

• Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4
  • BMW M2 Competition
  • Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R
  • Ford Mustang GT4
  • Porsche 911 RGT Rally spec (pre-order bonus)

Good luck mates! Mind the bloody 'roos out there!

7 Likes

So I did a thing. This game is on Game Pass, and it’s currently installing on my PC. So there might be a future where I join in these races.

3 Likes

Do it. do it now: https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/245127

You can join the Australian event currently running and use it as a practice run for the next season (which I’m currently thinking about…)

I was so disappointed when I slid of the cliff by the bridge on Stage 9. I was actually somehow catching up to @aldyr after closing the gap by 40 seconds on the stage before and being about 20 seconds up on stage 9. Not to mention how much fun I was having throwing the Ford around the bends.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I’m almost done with setting up my Super Season of WEC-style DR2 rallys that will run from July through to the end of the year. Will drop all the details here shortly.

But, in the mean time…

Get your dirty selves over to @Entity’s newly created Dirt Rally 2.0 Club Spaceport S1 and take part in the weekly rally event in his Season 1 Championship that has just started!

https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/335202

4 Likes

Thanks. I’m keen for your new league as seeing that it’s cross platform, the platform you start playing on is the platform you stuck on…till the end, not even just the week. So I started on pc as a start thinking I’ll move over to PS4, my preferred platform, and continue from there… Errr, no no no 🧏 you are locked in to the one you start with. So I should be able to restart on PS4 only.

I’ve accepted a few applications for my league but please note that I don’t mind everyone joining to play but it’s our SpacePort league which is my stream Discord community so to be ‘credited’ for your position/ranking you need to be part of the Discord. Also all the full details are on there including prize info.

Sorry for the self promotion kind of thing but I don’t want to be unfair to my members, like @GregRedd, if I were to give away podium prizes to players not part of the Discord. Hope you all understand.

1 Like

Phil is a dickhead. He tunes me, 1 left tightens. How can 1 tighten? To what number does it tighten?

4 Likes

With just 4 days left to the end of Round 6 of our current DR2 season…

…it’s time to start thinking about the next one, and getting ourselves set up for a full WRC-style rally season, but before I finalise things, I want your input because it might not be want everyone wants or is happy with. And you know I’m all for that democratic inclusivity and having happy racers.

Here’s the plan:

The MEW Modern Rally World Rally Series

I want to use all 12 of the rally venues included in the game, do shorter rallies (9 stages) than can comfortably be done in a single sitting, and run one every two weeks. And I want everyone to select (or be RNG allocated?) their Modern Rally R5 car at the beginning of the season and (try to) use the same car through the season.

That will give us DR2 events through until the end of the year. Visually, it looks like this:

And the little download symbol in the top left corners of Monaco, Wales, Germany, Sweden, Finland and Greece are the problem. Those venues are not included in the base game. They’re all DLC, and not everyone will have them.

Base game owners will be able to complete the 6 standard rallies, but will have to sit out some or all of the 6 DLC venues (which will really be a little like missing the events.)

The most cost effective way of getting the DLC in your game is either by buying the Game of the Year edition (if you don’t have the game yet), or by buying the Season Pass packs. (Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4 if you only have base game, or just Seasons 3 and 4 if you have the Deluxe version).

I’ll drop store links into a separate post later, but suffice it to say that if you’re racing on PC things are cheap right now. If you’re on console things are a little more pricey, but still pretty affordable at the moment as well because both Xbox and PlayStation have discounts for DR2 available.

So, before I finalise the season, two quick polls:

• Do the Season WITH the DLC venues
  • Do the Season WITHOUT the DLC venues

0 voters

• Everyone chooses their own R5 car to use for the season
  • We leave it to Random Number Geesus to select our R5 cars for the season for us

0 voters

Obviously, this is open to anyone who wants to join in (especially new PC drivers who can get the complete GotY edition right now for just R98.70!) but specifically @aldyr @DarthMol @SlinX @Entity @czc @Deadlypinecone’s @oltman @Konck @DieGrootHammer who have all competed in earlier DR2 events.

2 Likes

Dirt Rally 2.0 and it’s various DLC Season packs are on sale all over at the moment:

PC - Steam

Game:
You want the Game of the Year edition @PsychoFish, @Murph, @Dragonic, @Talentloos! (Scroll down!)

Seasons 3 & 4 Deluxe Edition Expansion:
Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4 Year 1 Pass (same page, scroll down!):

Xbox

Game:
Is currently available for free on Xbox Game Pass.

Game of the Year Edition on sale for R275 for only the next 4 days

Deluxe Content Expansion (Seasons 3 and 4) for R200 / R180 with GP

Year 1 Pass (Seasons 1 - 4) for R340 / R305 with GP

PlayStation

Game of the Year Edition on sale for R319 until 9 July only

Deluxe Content Expansion (Seasons 3 and 4) for R159

Year 1 Pass (Seasons 1 - 4) for R319

4 Likes