Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

@Wyvern @SlinX OMG I found it! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzTlp8Z5gc4

3 Likes

Rip accelerator pedal

2 Likes

I always knew you were pushing it too hard! How else do you drive so fast!

2 Likes

well that was a pretty clean run for me, no big mistakesā€¦ and i like the New England Rally :yum:
so i probably wonā€™t go that fast on all of the Rallys :smile:

1 Like

Sureā€¦ Iā€™m spamming X to doubt :rofl:

@aldyr RIP pedal, didnā€™t think a spring could snap like that, good thing it wasnā€™t during the AC race at least.

2 Likes

Ouch. Should be easy enough to fix though?

I mean, as a temporary measure, you could swap in the spring from your brake pedal because you donā€™t really use that one at all. :grinning:

2 Likes

Throttle in AC is smoother. In DR2.0 I need to Senna it, unless itā€™s on tarmac, then I default back to smooth on and off. Basically, Hawkes Bay killed the spring. :laughing:

I swapped the clutch, but it feels odd. Clutch is now a limp @#$%. Donā€™t know where Iā€™d find the specific springs, that will fit. If I can find a shop stocking T3PA Pro pedals, Iā€™d take that though. Once I start macguyverā€™ing my hardware, things tend to go downhill.

3 Likes

If you really want to you could get the springs custom made. We have a spring manufacturer here in PE that can [almost] make whatever spring you can image, and they donā€™t require minimum quantities. All you really need is the dimensions of the spring. Spring material can also affect the feel of the pedal though, but thatā€™s some funky material science stuff.

Edit: A quick google search brings up quite a few spring manufacturers in the Cape Town area. Perhaps they can manufacture a replacement for you.

3 Likes

Stage 1 disaster in Spain for @czc :frowning:

A week left for the rest of the field to get their times on the board, or Terminal Damage trying!

1 Like

Yeah, I had a tyre puncture and then every time I braked the car pulled left. Eventually all the right turns resulted in terminal damage.

1 Like

Yeah going to do mine this week. Want to try it with the wheel, but need more practice in the wheel first.

Ooof, I had this in one of the dailies. But I managed to get it to the end somehow.

1 Like

I could see the end. I was probably 300m away.

1 Like

Hello, i heard about your Dirt Championship, is it still open to join in? :grinning:

4 Likes

Spain was much more difficult than i thought it would be. :man_facepalming:

Welcome to MEW @Massa!

Yip, more than welcome to join our Dirt Rally league season. Please confirm that you are HackActivated on Racenet? If you are, I have approved your club join request.

Weā€™ve randomly allocated R5 cars to everyone taking part in this season - yours is the Citroen C3. You donā€™t have to use it if you really donā€™t want to, but the idea is to replicate a WRC season of sorts, so weā€™re trying to stick to the cars weā€™ve been allocated.

Youā€™ve missed Round 1, but you still have a week or so to do Round 2 in Spain.

In between, feel free to wander through some of the other topics on the forum, and make yourself at home. (Judging on your username, you may find the F1 and F1 Game topics interestingā€¦!)

2 Likes

Meanwhile, itā€™s the event Iā€™ve enjoyed the mostā€¦ :man_shrugging:

Except of course, I got my first ever DR2 game crash in the middle of Stage 2 and landed up with a DNF on the stage, and a 15 minute stage time which should have been under 5 minutes (based on my time trials of the stage). If it werenā€™t for that, I would have finished within 2 minutes of you - donā€™t think that is ever going to happen again :expressionless:

2 Likes

Picture this: itā€™s raining in Spain. Iā€™m on the fast stretch of the stage. Corners are 6ā€™s and 5ā€™s. Revā€™s are screaming. I come to a series of blind 4ā€™s, the last of which has a small rise. I enter the turn wrong and too fast. I try to correct, as I go over the rise, except Iā€™m in the air and spinning. Did you know, thereā€™s no grip while airborne. I land facing back the way I came, on the outside of the barrier, thatā€™s there to stop you going off road.

But wait thereā€™s moreā€¦
On a later stage, I rolled the car and punctured 2 tyres. Tried to fix them, but it only fixed the back one. Then while trying to finish the stage, I burst the other. I had to drive on a wheel rim (front right) for the rest of the stage.

But wait thereā€™s moreā€¦
The next stage start didnā€™t magical fix my wheel, presumably because it wasnā€™t a service area. So I drove that whole stage on the wheel, and a shiny, sparky tiger wheel and tire rim.

But hey, I finished!

4 Likes

:joy:
Weā€™ve all been there

2 Likes

Now thats a gripping story*.

*Except when airborne.

2 Likes