Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

Did everything today coz I never had chance. Dammit I had a good run but made some stupid mistakes. Like not changing my tyres at the second service area. Well done @GregRedd you overtook me.

1 Like

Did some modifying to my Skoda. Haven’t noticed much of an improvement in straightline speed though…

2 Likes

‘Tis but a scratch

1 Like

to je ale škoda

1 Like

Wales done and done. A comfortable P1 for @Munage after the 12 stages. @Boogey at 2:12 back and @aldyr some further 50-odd seconds behind that fill the lower steps on the podium, but get to spray champagne nonetheless. Points toward the championship for @SlinX, @DarthMol, @Deadlypinecone, @Dragonic, @czc, and @Massa (who either ran out of time to complete, or crashed out badly on Stage 4?) Well done to you all!

Here’s the Championship Standings after 4 rounds:

Position TOTAL Driver Ent Car Allocated R1 USA :us: R2 SPN :es: R3 MON :monaco: R4 WAL :dragon: R5 GER :de: R6 POL :poland: R7 SWE :sweden: R8 FIN :finland: R9 GRE :greece: R10 AUS :australia: R11 NZ :new_zealand: R12 ARG :argentina:
P-1 39 @Boogey 13 Peugeot 208 11 9 12 7
P-2 28 @Munage 12 Skoda Fabia R5 1 8 9 10
P-3 26 @SlinX 2 Volkswagen Polo 7 7 7 5
P-4 25 @aldyr 1 Mitsubishi Space Star 8 5 6 6
P-5 21 @Massa (HackActivated) 14 Citroen C3 R5 12 8 1
P-6 20 @DarthMol 3 Skoda Fabia R5 6 6 4 4
P-7 14 @Deadlypinecone 9 Citroen C3 R5 5 1 5 3
P-8 10 @Dragonic (Dorago87) 10 Mitsubishi Space Star 4 2 3 1
P-9 7 @GregRedd 6 Mitsubishi Space Star 3 1 1 2
P-10 6 @Entity 5 Volkswagen Polo 2 3 1 0
P-10 6 @Konck 7 Peugeot 208 T16 1 4 1 0
P-12 5 @czc 8 Ford Fiesta R5 1 1 2 1
P-13 0 @z1oc 15 Citroen C3 R5
P-13 0 @oltman 4 Skoda Fabia R5
P-13 0 @DieGrootHammer 11 Ford Fiesta R5

Next stop on our Rally World Tour is Germany where the seemingly hundreds of hairpins and square turns on the cobbled roads of the Baumholder Tank Proving Grounds await our merry clan of R5 racers.

:de: MEW WRT Rallye Deutschland :de:

Baumholder, Germany | 30 August - 12 September

Round 5 of 12

The German Rally has just 9 stages, the majority of which are short (7). Careful on Stages 2 and 4 - both are heavy rain, and both before the Service Point at Stage 6.

4 Likes

Oh, btw, failed to hear(or pay attention to) my co driver telling me square left.
And that was the end of my event.

There’s a bug on one of the stages, after the last patch. He starts the pacenote, and trails off like an introvert. I wonder if that’s the spot. It’s uphill, and the square left has boom on the outside in a vertical position to “stop you going wide…”

1 Like

Ag nee bruh!

So I just managed to make it through all the stages before cutoff.

2 Likes

Fantastic! I see we had a pretty good number of competitors who completed the German Rally. Nice! Will update the results and post the stages and route for Round 6 in Poland soon.

Unfortunately I ran out of time to even start doing this rally. It’s a pity since I enjoy the German rally. Will need to manage my time better for the next event.

1 Like

Ah Poland, or as I like to call it, flat Finland

4 Likes

Standings after Round 5:

And here’s the stages for :poland: Round 6: Poland :poland:

3 Likes

Hi @GregRedd, new here. Can you approve my request to join MEW Dirt 2 Club, my username should be the9avenger9. Thanks!!

3 Likes

Hey @the9avenger9! Welcome to Most Epic Win and the MEW Dirt Rally Club! Have approved your Club Membership.

Here’s the outline for our current Championship: MEW Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]. Couple of posts either side of that one should bring you up to speed, but basically… we’re doing a R5 WRC-style season of 12 rallies all with a randomly allocated R5 car (if you can).

As entrant #16 you get the third Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 to use. Each rally is set to run over two weeks changing at midnight on Saturday. We’re currently in the middle of the two week cycle for Round #6 in Poland so you still have most of a week to get some times on the board.

Good luck, don’t cut!

(Anyone know a driver with the name WarRack101? Have a membership request from them too.)

1 Like

Thanks @GregRedd. Yes WarRack101, is a friend of mine.

3 Likes

Nice. WarRack is in. And with a tasty championship leading Peugeot 208 T16 R5 waiting in the garage for him/her to send down the Polish tracks.

3 Likes

Hi @GregRedd thanks for the add, I got a little carried away when I saw I was added and just set off with the first car I saw, sorry about that, will take more car as to what car I have to use

3 Likes

Hey it’s no problem at all @Warrack101 - the cars are all pretty evenly matched. Stick with the Ford for the rest of the season.

In fact, you can have the one I allocated to @DieGrootHammer months ago - he’s not using it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::grinning:

2 Likes

Oh, and a warm welcome to MEW! Make yourself at home. If you ask nicely, @Wyvern might let you have a cookie.

1 Like