Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

oh and for the last 3 stages, i opted not to change my tyres… :face_with_head_bandage: proceeded to the get a puncture the very next race for my indecency.

1 Like

Wales sounds like puncture central.

Round 2 in Wales is in the bag. 12 starters, 10 finishers - thank you all!

After the weird aberration of seeing my name on the podium after Round 1, just like that, the standard MEW Dirt Rally podium is reformed, and the natural order of things is returned to the universe. @Boogey back into top form, pushing his little Ford to a 1:44 win over a hard chasing @Aldyr (“I’m so over Group B”) who kept his Lancia a full 5 minutes ahead of @SlinX in the Peugeot.

The double Lancia duo of @Deadlypinecone and @Dragonic filled the Top 5, followed by myself and @Entity finishing just 10 seconds apart in P6 and P7. The final 3 finishers were @the9avenger9, @CZC, and @Murfle. Participation points went to @WarRack101 and @DarthMol, both of whom started the rally but weren’t able to complete.

That leaves the Championship Standings table looking like this after Round 2:

:greece: 12X12 Round 3: Acropolis Rally at Argolis, Greece :greece:

Nine short and three long stages through the twisty, dusty, gravel roads in the Argolis mountains. All stages look dry, so expect a lot of dust in your rearview mirror and plenty of hairpin bends. Mind the edges - there’s precious few barriers that’ll save you tumbling down the hillsides.

To get you around Greece, I have a marvellous selection of Group B RWD Rally Rentals for your consideration. (Sorry not sorry @Aldyr :smiley: )

• BMW M1 Procar Rally
  • Lancia 037 Evo 2
  • Opel Manta 400
  • Porsche 911 SC RS

I have a feeling that the entrants list will be dominated by one specific car…

Get yourself to Greece, and hopefully don’t break anything other than their plates! Oppa!

CC: @slinx @gregredd @entity @aldyr @warrack101 @deadlypinecone @boogey @the9avenger9 @czc @murfle @oltman @z1oc @dragonic @konck @massa @darthmol @munage

9 Likes

Harumph! :angry:

ETA: That said, at 14.7GB it is a pretty hefty patch for not having anything “notable enough to be highlighted”?

2 Likes

If anyone knows either of these drivers, please let them know that they must create an account and introduce themselves here before I’ll accept their applications, as it says on the Club info screen.

(Visit the Dirt Rally 2.0 thread at https://community.mostepic.win/ to introduce yourself and request to join.)

@Evofour has been pending for a while, but @BiqJunior is new.

2 Likes

More advertising for other games?

Oh wait - don’t EA own them now - sneaking in some microtransactions???

2 Likes

And if you check the notes, small update. :rofl:

2 Likes

I think you’re right - it’s going to be garish, high resolution banners at the start and finish for other games, that they now will be able to push updates for through the servers. :expressionless:

1 Like

Just 4½ days to go in Greece, and just 2 drivers who have started their attempts. And both of those are just 3 stages in. Y’all a bunch of scaredy cats?

2 Likes

On the subject of the joy that is Group B:

2 Likes

Kind of… My PS4 is in my living room without aircon, and it was too unbearable. It’s starting to cool down, so hopefully I’ll at least get part way through this week.

1 Like

Just normal Dirt RL things man.

1 Like

Oh right, massive update. It might be ready by morning :expressionless:

Hahaha, I can’t keep up with deadlines on racing games

I have no idea why this exists, but here

3 Likes

@aldyr can you beat this record

3 Likes

Nein

Guaranteed, that guy restarted that time trial a million times. I find restarting soul destroying.

2 Likes

Koppe

1 Like

The setup though! Stuff of dreams

1 Like

Definitely destroys the soul but if you want that record you will endure the pain

Played a few stages over lunch today.

After the first stage, I couldn’t help but think I have a chance to not place last. I didn’t even think I had any significant damage. Then I noticed a light on my dash. “Oh crap, did I mess up my handbrake??”

No, the handbrake was on at the marshal :expressionless:

Then stage 2 and 3 came along. Went off the cliff way too often. My favorite was I was just going off the road, and saw I was heading straight for a massive rock. “There goes my engine”, I thought. Luckily, I hit a bump and went right over it!

Yup. Dead last by quite a bit. :smiley:

1 Like