Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

Game of the Year Edition is out now for PC, and on 50% off until 06 April on Steam. Contains base game + all 4 seasons of DLC released to date + new Colin McRae DLC pack for R164.50 (with SA regional pricing).

Base game is also on special at less 60% (R87.60) but excludes any DLC.

2 Likes

I have had some minor hardware annoyances switching between these too. My handbrake disappears when play dirt rally, but itā€™s fine on dirt rally 2.0. The lack of weight in the cars, is weird, going from DR 2.0 to DR. Now I understand why so many people complain of ā€œfloatinessā€ in DR. DR 2.0 has been a little more resilient in catching data, after crashes. DR will just drop all my progress sometimes.

Meh, just me working up to saying, Iā€™m gonna focus on DR 2.0, and iā€™m over DR. DR 2.0 also has way more content.

4 Likes

By chance I was doing the Swedish rally in DR2 career mode before I switching to DR to do the last 2 stages, both Swedish stages that I just did in DR2 moments before.
Thereā€™s a clear improvement in the way the car responds to inputs in DR2, I feel way more confident throwing the car around in 2 and when I mess up it always clear to me what I did wrong.

2 Likes

Reminder not to wait too long to finish this, because of undersea cables and overall kak internet.

1 Like

I had such a clean run thought the whole event only to get a puncture halfway through the last 12km stageā€¦

Codemasters spreading the word

4 Likes

Geez

3 Likes

Yip, its why I havenā€™t started the download yet.

3 Likes

It is still weird to me that thatā€™s how they do it. Would make more sense imo to only install the base game and then DLC elements only on demand when theyā€™re needed.

In case you missed it though, hereā€™s why they do it this wayā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s not an issue. Iā€™ll let it go through the night. It was just hectic to see.

1 Like

@GregRedd I have applied to enter

1 Like

And, youā€™re inā€¦

Now learn the secret handshake :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you verrrrrry mooch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Almost finished the round. Taking my time with the stages but I do feel like this game is a bit more forgiving. I can bump the car a lot more and not worry itā€™s made of glass. The one stage I knocked my one side of headlights and brights off and had to struggle with the limited visibility, but I hit hard in order to knock the lights out.

But I have to excuse my time, Itā€™s not my fault, my co-driver has no pacenotes and is just making things up as we go, which makes things dificult.

Thatā€™s my excuse and Iā€™m sticking to it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Three or so days left to cruise through the New England back roads without a roadbook or directions - hey, road trip!!

2 Likes

Time to hook up the olā€™ steering wheel and get DiRTyā€¦

2 Likes

Ok done with this round.

Look, I got on bar as green :slight_smile: yay. That was the only one though :smiley:

2 Likes

Geez that midnight rain messed me up so badly on the first stage. I must have spun more than 5 times, rolled the car onceā€¦ it was a good time (while being a terrible time).

Iā€™m amazed at the times you guys posted. In the dry maybe, but in those conditions, thatā€™s incredible!

3 Likes

I should have pushed harder. Was enjoying drifting the long sweeping bends in the M3

2 Likes

Fire up the game to get a run in, and it wants a 26gb update

3 Likes

Wow, geez

1 Like