Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

Question is this rally or rally 2.0?

1 Like

Weā€™ve got threads, clubs and leagues running for both. You need a Codemasters/Racenet account to join either of the leagues. You can join both with the same account.

This thread is specifically for Dirt Rally 2.0. The 2.0 Club is here: https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/245127

The older Dirt Rally game has its own thread over here: MEW DiRT Rally [MEWRL]. The link to join that gamesā€™ league is: https://www.dirtgame.com/leagues/league/185828/mostepicwinrl

Oky sweet Iā€™ll install both then I can join the league

1 Like

Please tell me this is a joke?.?

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s a bit extreme indeed. We spoke about it a couple of weeks backā€¦

Itā€™s all the DLC stuff. Itā€™s done so that everyone can take part in Daily/Weekly/Monthly events and in public Multiplayer lobbies even if you donā€™t own the DLC.

From the Dev post on the Steam Discussion board:

Note: Game Updates when DLC is not Owned

Hello everyone.

In recent weeks weā€™ve seen a few questions regarding the downloading of game updates, DLC and the like, and the increased size of the game. Hereā€™s a brief note on why this happens, even when you donā€™t own the DLC.

• DiRT Rally 2.0 is a game where special Events are running every day, like your Daily Challenges.

• Some of these Events allow you to play with DLC locations despite not owning said DLC content.

• In Multiplayer Lobbies, players without DLC content can still use them if the host owns relevant DLC items, ensuring that the playerbase isnā€™t segmented.

• Outside of this, all content is downloaded to ensure players can immediately play with any extra content they buy, instead of waiting for a separate download.

Because of all the above, all players are required to have the entire gameā€™s content installed.

1 Like

Iā€™m definitely interested in this but joh that download isnā€™t going to sit lekker with me or Anneli if Iā€™m leeching from her interwebs

1 Like

100% - definitely donā€™t do it if youā€™re on a cap limited bandwidth account. And especially donā€™t piss off Anneli to do it! No game download is worth the wrath of a woman!

Rather stick to just Dirt Rally at the moment - thatā€™s probably half of 2.0 I think. And then find a mate with an uncapped account to go leech off for this one.

1 Like

Thatā€™s actually quite cool that you get to use some of the DLC for free.

1 Like

I cannot do any of the daily or weekly challenges as all of them say a purchase required for tracks or cars. :frowning:

2 Likes

Hmmmā€¦ I wonder if thatā€™s the reason that the Dev uses the phrase ā€œ Some of these Eventsā€¦ā€? I just assumed it was all.

Also, not sure about the tracks and locations in the challenges, but I have also had a lot of them say I canā€™t do them because I donā€™t have an eligible car. And I do have all the DLC except for one random Opel Kadett I think.

I havenā€™t bothered checking to be certain, but I just assumed that I couldnā€™t do them because I didnā€™t ā€œownā€ an eligible car in-game? Career Mode and Challenges to earn credits, spend the credits on better crew for your career and for more cars for your garage sort of thing?

1 Like

You need to put more mileage on cars, to gain buffs for fixing the cars in less time, and changing setups. It translates to being more cautious during weekly or monthlyā€™s. So, even if you do have the DLC, you may be eons off the pace, if you havenā€™t driven the car before and unlocked the upgrades. Unless you channel you inner colin

Latest from Team DR2.0

2 Likes

Finished the Spanish Rally with a 58:55
Only a couple days left guys.

1 Like

Yeah, what he said! @aldyr @DarthMol @Deadlypinecone

1 Like

Thanks for the tag! I completely forgot

2 Likes

I blame Ori :grin:

But I will get on it soon

1 Like

Racenet was down, so I stopped checking. Something about doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcomeā€¦

1 Like

So, could I join this? Or the next one I mean. I see next monthā€™s PlayStation Plus free game is Dirt Rally 2.0

2 Likes

Yay!!! Definitely, the DR2.0 Club settings allow for cross-platform members, so yip, the moment it drops for you, you should be able to start posting times.

2 Likes

Thats cool.

3 Likes