MEW DiRT Rally League [MEWRL]

Remember, loadshedding doesnā€™t affect rally, but it does affect rallycross

1 Like

Now that I have Dirt Rally 2.0 Iā€™m keen to try some of that

2 Likes

Holy ghost of Colin McRae! I have just spent the last 4 hours trying my damndest to create a new set of Dirt Rally events for us. This has got to be one of the worst event building systems Iā€™ve ever experienced. Either that, or Iā€™m doing something horribly wrong. Set or change vehicle restrictions, all the tracks and weather conditions disappear. Choose the vehicles first, set the stages, add a second event, choose the vehicles, all the stages from event 1 disappear. And so on and so on. To make it even more irritating, pretty much every second time I would try to save any changes to see if theyā€™d take, Iā€™d land up with this frikken screenā€¦

ā€¦and would have to start all over again. Or I get logged out and would have to redo everything :expressionless:
@PsychoFish, did you have as many problems as I have been? Or is there a secret to this all?

I gave up eventually and just created a single Event season which should be open about now.

dr-e1
The Euro Sprint Event is a nice, gentle, all good conditions, with lots of Service breaks and Stage Retry and Event Restart enabled to ease everyone back into the League. And to allow any new drivers a chance to get comfortable with league racing. Itā€™ll run to the last Sunday of the month (29th).

New drivers, if you havenā€™t yet, remember to head to the Clubs League page and request to join or else our League events will not show up for you in-game.

Iā€™ll add the next event to a new season as soon as this one is running. At least if I can figure out how to.

2 Likes

Yup, itā€™s pretty bad. You have to plan it out, then execute it flawlessly or just fail

2 Likes

Well itā€™s good to know I havenā€™t lost my ability to operate a mouse properly, if nothing else. I thought I was going insane there for a while.

1 Like

Ran out of talent :joy:

2 Likes

Tried again this morning to add another event to the next ā€œseasonā€. Failed again. Lifeā€™s too short for this kak, so Iā€™m just going to set things up as single events seasons. I had 4 events mapped out to take us through to the end of June. Iā€™ll manually track the results and make a combined Season Standings table as we go through.

• Event 1 - Euro Sprint Series
    (Now - Sun 29 Mar) : 2000s Cars. Event Restart enabled and Stage Retrys allowed.

• Event 2 - Mini Monaco Classic
    (Mon 30 Mar - Sun 26 Apr) : Mini Cooper S only. Event Restart enabled.

• Event 3 - The Long & Short of Group B
    (Mon 27 Apr - Sun 31 May) : Group B 4WD Cars. Event Restart enabled.

• Event 4 - Ford v Volksie
    (Mon 1 Jun - Sun 28 June) : Ford Fiesta RS or VW Polo Rally only. Event Restart enabled.

There can only be 1 current season and 1 next season set up at the same time. So once the current event is done, Iā€™ll set up #3.

You can see the stages for the Current Event here:

And for the Next Event here:

3 Likes

Less than a week to get Event 1 under your belt and add your name to the lone driver on the Leaderboard at the moment!

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Google Chrome 2020_03_23 13_35_46_LI (2)

2 Likes

Iā€™ve gotten through half the stages.

1 Like

Completely forgot about this one, been too busy with DR2.
Not really that keen on going back to DR1, but what has been started must be finished :muscle:

3 Likes

Oh lord, time to knock the fuck out of trees that donā€™t look before they cross the road

2 Likes

Oh right, thanks for the reminder! Iā€™ll have to hook up my controller and get on this

1 Like

Completely forgot we still had a Dirt League. WD for the Reminder Greg.

1 Like

Done. 6:53 off @oltman s time.

1 Like

I was planning on finishing this on Monday, but racenet went on holiday after I finished stage 5ā€¦

1 Like

It was working today.

But looking at your times, wow, I really canā€™t drive.

1 Like

Managed to do stage 6 this evening before Racenet went AWOL again. Frustrating.

1 Like

I was hoping to sneak in there and come away with some points, but @GregRedd just had to remind everyone else!

2 Likes

So, glancing through the topics, I canā€™t tell if I can (or if itā€™s worth) joining this league. Iā€™ve got the game, but itā€™s not installed right now. Are there any plans to migrate to a newer Dirt game soon?

1 Like

Weā€™ve got one for both DiRT and DiRT 2.0. Join in! (Iā€™ve joined by I keep putting off doing the race. Too lazy to hook up a controller at the moment)