Gaming Deals

I love that game. Played a lot of it on XBox.

2 Likes

Does it play with controller or your wheel?

Am assuming this is a Q to me about Wreckfest?

Either wheel or controller work. I’ve used both equally well. But, it is a genuine racing game with some fairly decent mechanics and vehicle simulation, despite the demolition derby arcade premise of the game. On that basis, wheel all the way.

1 Like

General question to anybody. You just like being first!

3 Likes

Just spotted that Bright Memory has gone on a one week 20% off sale over on Steam. The “Demo” level for the impressive upcoming Bright Memory: Infinite game that was showcased on the recent edition of Inside Xbox, was already fairly cheap at just R79, now at R63.20 it’s a steal as all Bright Memory owners will get the full version of Bright Memory: Infinite for free once it’s released!

Check out @SIGSTART’s recent playthrough stream of the game which he called “the best R80 I’ve spent in a while”.

4 Likes

Dirt Rally 2.0 is on steep discount again over on Steam until 1 June - 70% off the base game (= just R65.70) and 60% off the Game of the Year Edition with all 40+ pieces of DLC (R131.60). If you can, the GotY Edition is the way to go, and a right bargain. See all the content in it here.

FYI: @Talentloos @Konck @Dragonic @PsychoFish

3 Likes

Okay, Okay @GregRedd… You’ve convinced me… There she is!

I think the wife is going to sart getting mad at me…

6 Likes

Lol. You know what they say… “the couple that play together, stay together”! Get her set up with a rig of her own and get dirty together - problem solved :grinning:

3 Likes

Welcome!

5 Likes

Dude, that GIF punched me right in the nostalgia.

3 Likes

While not currently in the running to win the GameClub vote, The Long Dark is on a big special on Steam right now if you prefer to get it there rather than Xbox Game Pass…

3 Likes

For those that aren’t following the Game Club thread…

Suggestion from @Malice for a future Game Club title which is on an excellent 90% off special for another 30 hours:

3 Likes

Has anybody played this? What does the “Online co-op” entail? Campaign or multiplayer co-op like team deathmatch etc?

1 Like

If I remember correctly the multiplayer was just some kind of horde mode. Not very good. The single player is awesome though. Pity they never removed the GFWL from any of the versions I own. But for R20 it’s certainly worth buying it a third time to get rid of it.

1 Like

Lol, I’m going to do the same and say, this is in place of not buying petrol for the whole month.

4 Likes

Hahaha that’s exactly what I told her! She was convinced

2 Likes

Anyone looking for some non-Steam DRM-free fillers for their library, especially of the retro and classic type (but not only old stuff - they do Witcher and Cyperpunk after all!) might want to check out the GOG Summer Sale, now on.

Annotation 2020-05-28 200411

Specials across the board. (But not on Cyperpunk 2077, sorry :wink: ).

1 Like

Green Man Gaming having a 48-Hour Birthday Sale (34 hours still on the clock) at the moment. Haven’t looked too hard, so may be a deal or two to be had:

Did find Mad Max for R55:

And Batman: Arkham Knight (being used for MEW Game Club #13 at the moment) for R70:

3 Likes

You failed to notice that you get Dungeons II for free :wink:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

4 Likes

Half and half…

Noticed, but didn’t really care :smiley:

5 Likes