Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

Well that was a completely different experience to the last event. Glad I managed to squeeze it in last minute

1 Like

Who knew wheels failing could give you terminal damage.

2 Likes

Those back-to-back-to-back square corners and hairpins are mad! Bloody Germans!

:rofl: Sorreeee!

Those were fine. The road suddenly turning right after a crest when at top speed, leaving no choice but to yeet off into a field FH4 style was a bit uncalled for

1 Like

I see my panicked post spurred a few more drivers into giving Germany a go! Well done you all - will update the standings and post the results a little later today for all.

Meanwhile, Round 5 in Finland :finland: is up and ready for you to do today. I mean, you may as well get your run in early this time, seeing as so many of you still have your wheel/controller connected from last night :grinning:

1 Like

Just like you, I left it to the last minute. I had an hour and a half to finish all the stages. But I was super tired, in comes a square left and my eyes closed for a second… Boom, 160kmph into a hay bail, and that was my stage, done.
That’s exactly what happened last time we were on Germany I think haha. Coz the spot where I crashed looked familiar. I think last time I just didn’t hear him say square left.

1 Like

Get out of my head!

3 Likes

Man, I had every intention of doing the Germany event, and then life happened :pensive:

But there’s always next time. I used to hate Finland but I’m finding it more enjoyable in Dirt 2 than the original.

2 Likes

“Starts 50 to 4 left… 100… jump… jump… 3 right, narrows… crest and jump… jump maybe… crest into 5 right and jump… caution, slow, immediate 1 left and jump… jump… 150… jump… crest and jump maybe… flat left… big jump… jump… 80 to finish”

2 Likes

Ahh, Germany. After the slow start, a rush of drivers at the last minute and we managed to get 9 to Stage 1, 8 classified finishers, 6 of whom got through to the end of Stage 12. Points on the table for all 9 starters.

In a reversal of the top two again, a second win of the Championship for :1st_place_medal: @Boogey, who won 10 of the 12 stages. P2 :2nd_place_medal: went to @aldyr just 1:03 behind. Sneaking in under the wire just in time to pick up his first podium of the season, :3rd_place_medal: @Deadlypinecone finished comfortably ahead of myself in P4.

The gap behind me was not nearly as big - just 22 seconds faster and our new driver @jaydogg86 would have had me. As it is, nothing wrong with a P5 on debut - well done!

Last of the full course finishers in P6 was @the9avenger9, followed by @Dragonic and @czc who were officially classified. Not classified but picking up the final bonus point after completing 3 stages, @Munage gets credited with P9.

The Championship standings after 4 rounds then:

:finland: 12X12 Round 5: Rally Finland at Jamsa, Finland :finland:

Get ready to get your jump on! Jump! Jump! Jump! It’s a dry late spring in Finland and the gravel roads through the forests of Jamsa are smooth, fast, and very welcoming to foreigners. And the jumps are huge and plentiful. 12 stages, all dry again. The first 8 stages are all short, the last 4 all long - be sure to do full repairs and choose your tyres carefully at the last service stop…

Last time out we had a very limited selection of cars to use. This time, the opposite is true. The Up to 2000cc 4WD class has 8 cars for you to consider taking to test their suspension strength. Okay, so 2 of them are Ford Focuses and 3 of them are Imprezas, but they are different models, so there’s 8 cars!! If it’s not going to be a Focus or an Impreza, there’s also the Citroen C4, the Pug 206, and the Skoda Fabia available if you prefer. Whatever. There’s a bunch of cars. Pick one, okay?!

Have super fun time in Finland friends. And this time, try not leave it until the last minute again!
Onnea, hauskaa, hyppää, hyppää, hyppää! :finland:

CC: @slinx @gregredd @entity @aldyr @warrack101 @deadlypinecone @boogey @the9avenger9 @czc @murfle @oltman @z1oc @dragonic @konck @massa @darthmol @munage @jaydogg86

6 Likes

Why has everyone other than @aldyr (you legend you!!) forsaken Finland :finland:??

It’s a beautiful country, full of beautiful people who are now all sad that you haven’t visited them. They’ve had to throw away all the delicious poronkäristys :deer: they had prepared for you because it all spoiled. :confused:

2 Likes

Oh crap, I must have blinked… It’s over already?

I wanted to do some laps tonight :frowning:

1 Like

But Greg, you know this is the rule of DirtRL. Wait till last day and scramble. Except this time I won’t be around on the last day so must ma do it the next 3 days. Will do first set tonight after CoronaCup.

Also, I’m sure Kimi is happy you guys didn’t come.

2 Likes

Nah, 4D still left, Greg’s screenshot is misleading, almost had me fooled too.

2 Likes

Ok so 9pm Saturday night. Got it

3 Likes

I thought there was another week.

2 Likes

Funny how quickly time flies… Finland started last Sunday, the 14th, and ends this Saturday, the 27th.

1 Like

This is the way

2 Likes

I guess I have no excuse now.

1 Like

Man I hope I can make some time.

1 Like