Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

I think I just got a new personal record for how many times I rolled my car in a single accident

2 Likes

Well, it is important to outdo yourself and set new personal bests.

3 Likes

Nice, finished stage 8. Game decided to crash as the score was busy submitting. Checked the standings site now, I don’t see a time for me on stage 8. hope it didn’t DNF me. I also don’t lis to redo but rather that than DNF. Will check later.

2 Likes

Sorry dude :frowning: Stupid game is stupid!! Hopefully it still sees you as in the rally. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Once you start a stage, you must finish it, and get to the menu where you click to continue, else you just don’t get a time, which implies DNF and max time added of 15 minutes. A little brutal. I wish they would fix that, however it’s there because of cheaters from Dirt Rally 1, that would infinitely restart an online stage, until they get a perfect run.

3 Likes

Yeah I can definitely see why it’s in place. Just sucks when you have a geniune crash. and for some reason these crashes always happen at the end of the race.
Anyways… 15 mins is harsh but maaaaybe I can still get decent points if I finish the event. I was in 3rd the whole time. Will drop to last for now.

2 Likes

Don’t sweat it. I’m only 2 stages in.

I get at least 15 minutes of penalties each stage.

1 Like

@jaydogg86 also crashed last night…

Just to mess with everyone’s heads for a bit… here’s a Monaco Rally stage ( La Cabanette – Col de Braus) done in a Citroen C3 WRC, but in Assetto Corsa :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Call me silly but I was trying to see if the steering wheel and the hands were ingame or not XD

1 Like

That shifter…

1 Like

So, you’re saying if I don’t crash at all I could come second last?

2 Likes

Middle of the pack yo!

Flip, game crashed again on the second last stage. Didn’t even try the last one. It was past 12 already and I was moeg and also annoyed. I actually enjoyed that second last stage and wanted to see how I compared to the front runners, felt like I was driving like a madman.
Need to do some research, it’s SteamVR that is crashing so maybe a issue with that

1 Like

I’ve had to validate SteamVR a few times over the years, it randomly corrupts and causes hard to diagnose problems.

1 Like

Shot man. I’ll give that a stab.

1 Like

Well, you have at least achieved something in Finland… :smiley:

2 Likes

Its quite a pity you had those technical issues. Our times were super close until you fell off

1 Like

Think Dirt Rally needs a new tyre supplier because the ones they’re using now are kak!

Took the time penalty to repair puncture in Sector 1 at the start of Stage 10. Picked up another puncture in Sector 2 of Satge 11 :smiley: No more spares, so had to do most of Stage 11 and all of Stage 12 on 3 tyres and a rim :angry: Not fun. Got there eventually, but what a mission!

1 Like

Hahaha yes that was intense. I thought it was some two wheel achievement or something coz I was on two wheels for a while.

1 Like