Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

:smiley: Enjoy your reign as King of Poland while it lasts!

2 Likes

Chasing @SlinX

Also, almost end of the event, and there are more stages than 3000 series Nvidia GPU’s in the country…

4 Likes

How have I missed another results summary, and next rally post?

Sorry. Will do double work on Sunday for New Zealand and Poland results, and a decent USA post too.

But yeah, like @aldyr says, just a few days left to get your Polish Rally times done, and then just 2 more events to go in the season - FWD Historics in the USA and Rally GTs in Scotland.

5 Likes

The good Lord preserve us…

3 Likes

As usual I left it till the last few hours… 2 in fact. But luckily this time I managed to complete 6 stages the night before so only had to finish an additional 6.

2 Likes

My run was unceremoniously cut short by an obnoxious tree that refused to give way…

3 Likes

Ok, so maybe not all that great… :sweat:

1 Like

It was your best points finish though, so zero shame in that!

2 Likes

Scumbag trees should know their place.

3 Likes

Ahh Poland. Always an interesting rally challenge for most mortals. But seemingly not so much for aliens like :1st_place_medal: @Boogey and his VeeDub Golf Gti - another P1 (his 3rd in a row, 5th in the season) which moves him to P1 for the Championship.

2nd place again in Poland for :2nd_place_medal: @Aldyr means that he and Boogey are equal on Championship points with just two events to go. (Boogey’s 5 wins to Aldyr’s 3 put him at the top of the table.)

Rounding out the podium again with another solid P3 :3rd_place_medal: @DeadlyPineCone solidifies his claim to the same place in the Championship standings.

Under a minute behind DPC, @Dragonic gets a good points haul with his P4, followed by yours truly trailing him by 7-odd minutes to the finish. @Murfle the Disco Bear picks up his biggest points haul of the season, finishing P6 and the last of the starters to reach the finish. DNFs and Terminal Damage retirement points for @WarRack101, @Slinx, @DarthMol, and @The9Avenger9 keeps their totals on the Championship Standings ticking up a point or two as well.

The Championship Standings then, after 10 of the 12 rounds in the season, look like this:

It’s too close to call between @Aldyr and @boogey for the overall win, and it’s going to come down to their performance in the last two events. The number of other drivers that start each of the remaining rallies may also play a part - the more competitors in a rally, the higher the points scored by the winners.

@DeadlyPineCone has pretty much taken up residence on the third step of the Championship podium, and barring any huge upsets, looks a pretty safe bet to stay there. The rest of us will be squabbling for scraps from the top table, hoping to get close enough to maybe catch a drop or two of their champagne on our lips…

:us: Round 11 - Rally America, New England, USA :us:

Yankee doodle dandy! We’re off states-side for the penultimate round of the 12x12 Series. And we’re taking a couple of old bangers along for the scenic drives through the fields and forests of the autumnal New England countryside. Don’t linger too long as you take in the views though - there’s a “three left through narrow gate, immediate hairpin right, watersplash” waiting for you just around the corner…

To show the American colonists how classic country driving should be done, we’re taking three of Europe’s finest Historic FWDs with us - the cute Citroen DS 21, the iconic Lancia Fulvia HF, and the awesome, yeah baby Mini Cooper S. These are the oldest and slowest cars in the DR2, so be sure to make the time needed to get through all 12 of the stages before the cut off in 12½ days time.

Stage wise, we have the now standard 4 long and 8 short to navigate, all dry. Manage your car carefully especially for the back-to-back long Beaver Creek Trail stages on Stage 7 and Stage 8.

Burgers and Buds at the rally compound once you’re done!
Yeehaw pardners! USA! USA! USA! Etc.

@aldyr @boogey @czc @darthmol @deadlypinecone @dragonic @entity @gregredd @jaydogg86 @konck @massa @munage @murfle @oltman @slinx @the9avenger9 @warrack101 @z1oc

6 Likes

was aiming for that spot… but messed up earlier and was chasing ever since. Looking at my last few stages, I was quicker than him in most of them… which hurts even more knowing that.

2 Likes

I’m a bit surprised with getting 3rd. I didn’t think my last few stages would be enough to stay ahead of you.

Out of interest, did you apply a tune or leave it stock?

1 Like

I know nothing of tunes. But lately I’ve been trying to mess with gearing. So I made my 4th and 5th gears longer. Not sure if that was good or bad but yeah, at least I didn’t limit bash on the loooong straights.

1 Like
7 Likes

I may have had a malfunction

3 Likes

Bru, you need a bigger car

1 Like

You broke the car! Are you Samir?

1 Like

Asterisk percent sign hashtag dollar sign exclamation point.

2 Likes

North Fork Pass Reverse will do that to ya. Sorry for your Terminal. Thoughts and prayers. :grinning:

More time for you to choose a car already and do some practice for the Scotland finale.

1 Like

Was only a bloody sign post too >:|

Was my thinking exactly, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like