Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

Just under 14 hours left to make an impact on the Rally USA leaderboard!

Quite a few who still need to finish the event. And some who still need to start! Second last chance to score points this season, and the more drivers that at least start, the bigger the points haul for everyone.

@Deadlypinecone, Stage 5?? NO!!! Disaster. You’d be P2 if it wasn’t for that 15 minute penalty. What happened?

cc. @aldyr @boogey @czc @darthmol @deadlypinecone @dragonic @entity @gregredd @jaydogg86 @konck @massa @munage @murfle @oltman @slinx @the9avenger9 @warrack101 @z1oc

2 Likes

My PC had a moment at the start of the stage. Controller stopped responding and FPS tanked to 15.

Almost didn’t want to carry on after that

Well I’m glad that you did persevere and get to the finish. It may not be your usual result, but it’ll be a couple of points to add to that overall table nonetheless.

2 Likes

Yup absolutely! Just gotta roll with the punches,and what see the outcome is once all the times are set.

1 Like

H1 FWD is meh. I’d rather do an F1 sprint race

1 Like

So I guess we’ll see you over on the MEW F1 AC server later then for some laps around Paul Ricard… :smiley:

I enjoy the pace of the H1s :joy:

3 Likes

So you’re saying there’s a chance? I have an hour and 40 left XD

1 Like

Nevermind, game decided to crash on stage 6.
Next few stages was full send in an effort to somehow make time back. then came stage 8 with zero lights. did about 2 kms and just ended my own misery by chickening out with a retire, could not keep guessing where the road is anymore. Final round will have to be my time… somehow.

1 Like

Oh no! You were the chosen one!

1 Like

Difficult course and tricky cars

1 Like

Ey, that’s a mighty refined taste in car :grin:

2 Likes

Why would they put logs on the side of a rally track? Those log men need to be fired for not doing their job

2 Likes

and here I looked under \SteamApps\common\DiRT Rally 2.0\ for the logs

1 Like

No man, you giving us colored guys a bad name. lol

1 Like

I pulled an Austin Powers when both sides of the track had stacks of logs

4 Likes

Nine entered, eight emerged! Congratulations to all the drivers who took on the old, slow, and rattling Historics in the USA. At the end it was Lancias and Mini Coopers that battled it out for points, podiums, and prestige. (And not a single soul who gave the Citroen a chance :frowning: )

When the Hancock Hill Sprint was done for the last time on Stage 12, it was the familiar name of :trophy: :1st_place_medal: @Boogey topping the time sheets once again. P2, and not as familiar with the MEW Dirt Rally Club podium (his only previous visit to it was all the way back in Round 1 of the Season!) was :2nd_place_medal: @Entity who finished a very commendable 5 minutes behind the alien that is the Boogeyman.

Entity did 23 seconds of enough to pip another second-time podium finisher, :3rd_place_medal: @The9Avenger9, who in turn squeaked onto the third step by less than 2 seconds - yip, @Aldyr’s disdain for the glorious H1 category cost him 1.6 seconds and a podium finish.

Trialing the Top 4 by a healthy margin was moi, and only because other seriously more talented drivers had incidents along the way. P6 for @DeadlyPineCone, P7 for @Dragonic, P8 for the Disco Bear (aka @Murfle), and P9 for @WarRack101, the last of the classified drivers.

Heading into the final event of our epic 12x12 Rally World Tour, here’s what the Overall Standings look like:

Barring any unforeseen issues, @Boogey looks certain to retain his crown as the MEW Dirt Rally Champion. The only one who could upset him at this point is @Aldyr, who is just five points behind now. @DeadlyPineCone is a shoo-in for P3 though, being 19 points clear of the pack.

And so on to our final event of the Season, the Scotish Rally in the forests of Perth and Kinross.

Round 12 - Scottish Rally, Perth & Kinross, Scotland

With five drivers already off the mark on the first stage, our Scottish Rally is off to the busiest start all season! :smiley: Now finish!

As some have already discovered, there are a couple of challenges to overcome in this final run of the season. First, the course: it’s Scotland. It’s going to be slippery and muddy and miserable weather. Be thankfully that all 12 stages should be dry. Secondly, the cars: the Modern Rally GT category. Cars that are better suited to cruising down city boulevards and racing on the solid tarmac of the Nurburgring and Le Mans. But we’re going to slap some knobbly tyres on them, shove a roll cage into them, and take them off-road. Hey, don’t blame me - it wasn’t my idea!

Your choices of fine metal manufacture are the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4, the BMW M2 Competition, the Chev Camaro GT4.R, and Ford Mustang GT4, and the classic Porsche 911 RGT Rally Spec (which I think was a pre-order bonus car and I’m not sure everyone will have?)

So, that’s it. Go forth and get to rallying (or carry on rallying, as the case may be) one last time. For King and Country!! It’s Scotland. Be brave!

cc: @aldyr @boogey @czc @darthmol @deadlypinecone @dragonic @entity @gregredd @jaydogg86 @konck @massa @munage @murfle @oltman @slinx @the9avenger9 @warrack101 @z1oc

5 Likes

Those cars should not be on dirt, my goodness that was rough. Like floating on ice, and those logs didn’t help.

3 Likes

Yep that’s the GT4’s - last time we had to cart them around Australia - that was also rough.

3 Likes

C’mon guys… You can’t let me come in 3rd.

2 Likes