Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

2 Likes

I’m actually quite chuffed with my driving on stage 10.

2 Likes
4 Likes

You having an identity crises there @Boogey? :smiley:

Amazing times at the top of the board - well done both you and @aldyr!!

Still plenty time for a few more to post times in Scotland.

1 Like

Last one to make an impression and I don’t even know if I’ll get to it :confused:

2 Likes

Put your daughter in her car seat next to you and take her for a scenic drive through The Scottish forests. She’ll love it :grinning:

3 Likes

She just learned to pull herself to a stand, so that’s all she wants to do now :laughing: Including when she’s suppose to sleep.

3 Likes

RIP, still sitting up with work
 there goes that. Well, it’s been good, I felt I improved alot with rallying throughout this league eventhough my position does not show it.
Thanks @GregRedd for arranging a great league again. Eventhough you were late with your delicious posts every now and then. @Deadlypinecone, I’ll get you yet!

5 Likes

And, that’s a wrap on the 12X12 Global Rally Championship! Woohoo!! Our final event, the Scottish Rally, saw our top three Championship finishers on the podium in the order that they finished overall. Convenient.

:1st_place_medal: @Boogey /aka Giancarlo Fisichella took his Ford Mustang to the only sub one-hour time to post his 8th win of the Championship. :2nd_place_medal: @Aldyr needed an extra 4:25 to get his Porsche to the end of the tricky Scottish tracks, and :3rd_place_medal: @Deadlypinecone slotted his BMW M2 into his regular third place spot 11 minutes later.

In the minor placings @WarRack101 and @Entity spent most of the rally swapping stage times, with BMW eventually triumphing over Porsche. My BMW in P6 closed the sandwich around Entity. In similar vein, @murfle /aka Disco Bear in P7 and @the9avenger9 in P9 used their Aston Martins to enclose @jaydogg86 /aka JarryDVD in another BMW.

Here’s the final points table at the end of the Championship then:

After 6 months of rally racing, 12 events in 12 different locations, 144 stages in 12 different cars, Congratulations to the Champions!

P1 - @Boogey

P2 - @aldyr

P3 - @Deadlypinecone

Your virtual trophies are “in the mail” :smiley:

My huge thanks to all of you that took part in another Most Epic event - it’s always a lot of fun. A special note of appreciation to @aldyr, @Deadlypinecone, and @the9avenger9 for making the time to complete all 12 events. All the competitors are awesome but you three are the awesomest!

Going to take a short break before doing another full rally championship, and I’m very open to suggestions for how you’d like it to be set up - shorter events? fewer events? same car for the season? different cars every time? I’m open to trying any combination that you all think could be fun.

In the meantime though, I will be back here tomorrow morning with a little time filler that will test your rally skills in short, sharp bursts of intense driving. I’d hate for you to get bored with Dirt Rally 2.0 while you wait for the next season to start
 I’m calling it the Quattro Quattro Quattro Killer Series, which should give you a vague idea of what to expect. :smiling_imp:

Until then
 stay dirty!

cc: @aldyr @boogey @czc @darthmol @deadlypinecone @dragonic @entity @gregredd @jaydogg86 @konck @massa @munage @murfle @oltman @slinx @the9avenger9 @warrack101 @z1oc

8 Likes

3 Likes

The Quattro Quattro Quattro Killer Challenge

Cajones el Grande Needed

4 high-speed events, each with just 4 long stages, all using the demonic Audi Quattro

Told you it was an evil idea :smiling_imp:

But that’s not all
 To ensure that this is a real “can you cope” challenge, there’s a couple of additional details you should be aware of

• While I can only specify the car category in the setup (Group B 4WD), the challenge requires that everyone participating select and use the Audi Sport Quattro S1E2 for all 4 events.
  • Hardcore Damage is active for this season.
  • Cockpit Camera Required is active for this season.
  • Unexpected Moments are active for this season.
  • All other Assists can be used for the season.
  • All four events have 3 dry and 1 wet/rain stage.
  • Surface Degradation gets progressively worse through the event.
  • After the initial Medium length post-Shakedown Service Area before the start of Stage 1, there is only one additional Short length mid-event Service Area stop before the start of Stage 3.
  • Each event will be active for 14 days again, with the same midnight Sunday - midnight Saturday start and end times as usual, with Event 1 starting this coming weekend.

Here are the stages, time of day/condition, and surface deg settings for all 4 events so that you can setup your own little practice events if you’d like.

Event 1 - :poland: Leczna County, Poland

(11 July - 24 July)

Event 2 - :finland: Jamsa, Finalnd

(25 July - 7 August)

Event 3 - :es: Ribadelles, Spain

(8 August - 21 August)

Event 4 - :de: Baumholder, Germany

(22 August - 4 September)

So, @aldyr @boogey @czc @darthmol @deadlypinecone @dragonic @entity @jaydogg86 @konck @massa @munage @murfle @oltman @slinx @the9avenger9 @warrack101 @z1oc and anyone else that would like to join (feel free to invite friends and family along for the ride!), do you have what it takes to take on the Quattro Quattro Quattro Killer Challenge?

I dare you! I double dare you! In fact, I quattro dare you! :smiley:

6 Likes

Sunday drives here I come

1 Like

“Unexpected moments”??? As unexpected as me actually participating? I doubt it

2 Likes

I hate those unexpected moments. The drone always catches me, “oooh look a dro
 Crash”.
The flickering lights in the dark also aren’t great.

1 Like

Pequeño cajones?

How do I sign up? I know there was a link in the opening post, but that seems to have expired.

2 Likes

Request to Join the Club here:
DiRT Rally 2.0 (dirtgame.com)

Or search for MEW Dirt 2 Club.

Let me know if your RaceNet/Codemasters account name is very different to your name here and I’ll approve you immediately.

1 Like

ÂĄLOL!
or should I say:
ÂĄREVA!

1 Like

2 Likes

Actually like the Quattro, even if it’s slower than the others

1 Like