Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

Yoh, we skipping the Pilot Episode I see.

1 Like

^ This guy pirates ^

:smiley:

2 Likes

Me: remote into home PC, kick off DiRT Rally 2 install.
Me later: send the kids to be early, Pappa gaan in die modder ry
Me again: Oh, 5 more days until event startā€¦

2 Likes

Me: Gets excited all day to race again.
Me: Looks around for controller cable to play. finally finds it.
Me: Sits down to load into the game. Checks MEW first. sees @oltmanā€™s postā€¦

edit:

looks back and sees I read over the important partā€¦

1 Like

Sorry :expressionless:

When you saidā€¦

ā€¦ I assumed you realised it only starts this coming weekend :smiley:

Was actually thinking that I should quickly set up a practice event in Poland using the short stages and the same basic settings, but with Service Areas every stage so folk can get a bit of practice in to et used to the hardcore settings before we start.

Iā€™ll go do that thenā€¦

Well, scratch that idea. We can only have one Championship running at a time, even if the dates dont overlap. And Iā€™m not going to recreate the whole thing again. Boo!!! Create a Custom Event for yourself to do some practicing. Double sorry.

2 Likes

Ooohhh haha. I meant it in the sense of that Iā€™m going to be driving very slowly probably, Sunday driver, especially with hardcore damage on not to Total myself.

Donā€™t worry about it. Iā€™m sure we can wait.

2 Likes

JustAdminThings. Can gooi n deadpool diaglog in your own post.

1 Like

Practice is going great! If the trees donā€™t get me, the logs will.

3 Likes

Yeah, screw that tree and that log. All of them in general, but those ones specifically. :grinning:

Hardcore damage is an unforgiving thing and it forces drivers like me to really slow things down significantly if I want to make it to the end of a stage. I make way too many mistakes when I know itā€™s just a 10 second restart later and Iā€™m rolling again, despite having just driven off the side of a Spain hill.

1 Like

Itā€™s ok, not to go flat out, with group b. Now which car to chooseā€¦

1 Like

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Quattro.

1 Like

Am I correct in assuming choosing the Quattro is the only setting for this challenge that isnā€™t forced? Or in otherwords, the only setting that @murfle can screw up?

1 Like

Hahahhaa, Iā€™m taking the piss

1 Like

Yip. I can only set the car class, you have to consciously select the Quattro.

1 Like

I know, but //insert youā€™re a chop emoji// anyway.

:cut_of_meat:
Body is too short (minimum is 5 characters)

1 Like

110 GB downloaded.
20 minutes played.
1 and a half stages complete.

EDIT: He is saying:
WHY!? WHY WOULD DO THAT!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?!?!

I am having more trouble getting the sound to play in this clip that I did with the stageā€¦

4 Likes

As the first to give the challenge a try, even if you only managed 1Ā½ stages, I salute you brave sir!

(Also gave up on trying to get audio gifs to post properly. Maybe one day weā€™ll figure it out.)

4 Likes

I think I prefer the shorter events. That was nice. Errā€¦ well, that wasnā€™t nice, it was mean. But I mean, being shorter was nice.

5 Likes

One week and eleven hours left for those who want to try to wrestle the Audi Quattro around four stages in Poland. Nice to see a handful with times on the board already. Two have finished and two have DNFed so far. Where will you end up?

Fancy some filthy fun? Join the MEW Dirt Rally 2 Club today!

4 Likes