Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

That’s right, don’t let the man get you down! You stay positive!

“'Tis but a scratch…”

2 Likes

I also got 2 green sectors somewhere in the 3rd stage. was like, yeah, clearly this is a problem stage.

3 Likes

5/7 greatest commentry writeup of all time!

1 Like

Two more exams and I shall ride again, for a bit at least.

3 Likes

Sounds like the engine is down on power Oh look Captain Kirk, I’m driving with fucking Scottie :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Some people are just masochists

1 Like

Hard no. Too much caution is kak. Also, MNR keeps posting new clubs for Dirt. I mean, run one, and run it well. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

12 hours left to attempt the 2nd Quattro Quattro Quattro Killer Challenge round - Finland’s jumps need a lot more Audis over them!

So far we have had 6 starters, 4 of whom have finished successfully and 2 who have sadly DNFed. With the finishers so far separated by just 3m30s, there’s lots of opportunity to get a couple of points or more before we head to Spain for Round 3 from tomorrow.

3 Likes

Also, for those who want to join in and have some dirty fun with us…
the full Game of the Year Edition of Dirt Rally 2.0 is currently on sale on Steam for just R61.25

2 Likes

Sweet! Looks like I’m in the lead for the DNFers!

2 Likes

Flippen wanted to get a quick run in after work since I finished early. Forgot to plug in my wheel… No wonder I went Terminal on the first stage. Sigh, I should stop doing that. Also I only realised it was unplugged the evening when I told my nephew that he can plug in his charger by my pc.

Round 2 of the Quattro Quattro Quattro Killer Challenge is done. Lower participation than Round 1, but a very slightly better percentage of Finishers, so there’s that.

:1st_place_medal: P1 to @Aldyr again, who had another tight rally at the top with eventual :2nd_place_medal: P2 finisher @Boogey again. A nice (and close!) :3rd_place_medal: P3 for a first time podium visit by @LazyDemoni - nicely done!!

Finishes for @Deadlypinecone, myself, and @the9avenger9 as well, with @Entity and @Dragonic classified as DNF but getting that all important Championship point. That table, at the midway point, looks like this:

@aldyr moves 6 points clear of @Boogey, with @Deadlypinecone and @LazyDemoni now share the third step on the provisional championship podium. And despite his DNF, @Dragonic is just 2 points shy of knocking them both off that P3 pedestal.

Up next, Round 3 takes us to sunny :es: Spain.

Watch out for those roadside metal crash barriers - they take no prisoners if you look at them from a bad angle, never mind what they do to cars that make contact with them… :imp:

5 Likes

Sadly the week got away from me and I didn’t get in my run. Will try do this event sooner.

Dirt Rally procrastination - it’s a real thing.

2 Likes

And I chose the wrong tyres…

1 Like

Oh no… not again. Switching from driving with your “Flame On” golf clubs straightaway to driving a Group B rally car clearly wasn’t such a good idea :expressionless:

1 Like
1 Like

“No, no. We get the car out the water and we start again.”
Ott Tänak

If I didn’t know he was Estonian, I’d guess he was Finnish. Ice cool and crazy calm.

1 Like

Did my Spanish stages yesterday. Had a big roll over early on Stage 2 resulting in front puncture - no way to steer without taking the puncture repair penalty. Got told “the engine light is on, take it easy” towards the end of that Stage. Repaired what I could in the break, started Stage 3 with the same message from the co-driver. Nursed a very unpowered engine all the way to the end. So now the next person to go can get green stages across the board without any issue. :smiley:

The Spanish sunset scenery is very pretty if you catch the light just right. I call this one “Beauty and the Battered Beast”.

5 Likes

That’s all that counts

3 Likes