Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

That’s not how crashing in these games is supposed to work :frowning:

4 Likes

I always pick for the wet stage instead. Personally, I’m more likely to crash in the wet than make up the time in the dry. I made that mistake in the Quattro event.

I chose the Cossie this time round and it’s such a lovely car <3

2 Likes

@LazyDemoni, you’re quick, had me worried for a few stages. I’m going to have to stop slacking off in my 3rd place comfort zone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks mate, I had to drive almost perfectly to even be within 10 seconds of you in each stage. I made some obvious mistakes, but even without them, I’d be a fair bit behind. I’m really enjoying these races. @Beo also kept me honest.

4 Likes

It was between the Cossie or the Evo. Both have a soft spot in my heart, I guess I just had more time in practice and tuning with the Evo. Both cars hold my childhood fantasies.

3 Likes

I had two rounds with +6s and +9s on the first lap.

I’m happy with that. I enjoyed the Evo (I’ve always wanted one), and the stages out in the open were really fun. Even mostly stayed on the road at times.

I hate trees.

4 Likes

MAN! Why did I have to think I’m kak cool and full send around turn with rocks… flat tyre cost me 4th place.

3 Likes

It took two BSODs but I got to the end.

2 Likes

I wonder why the game gives you so much trouble?

Have you gotten these crashes outside of clubs?

Deutschland ist also vorbei. For some it was revelatory - @Beo has got that Xbox controller singing sweetly in his hands very quickly. Some of the more experienced drivers (Yeah, I’m looking at you lot Triple D!) are going to have a B to contend with soon enough. For one of the D dudes - @Darthmol - Germany was a bust. His Lancia was kaput before the end of Stage 1 :frowning: For the rest of us “normals” Germany is always a good place to rally - that sweet feeling when you get the slide through a hairpin just perfect :+1: !

The event results look like this:

A late run on Saturday took :trophy::1st_place_medal:@Boogey to another closely fought P1, snatching the victory from :2nd_place_medal:@Aldyr by under 13 seconds! In Ford vs. Mitsubishi, Ford wins too. :3rd_place_medal:@SlinX slinks his Evo VI into a hard won P3 over 1m30s behind the leaders, and just 25 seconds clear of @LazyDemoni in another very solid looking run to P4 also in the Cosworth. Our Top 5 in Germany is rounded out by the only Impreza in the field driven by @Deadlypinecone.

The minor placings are dominated by four more Mitsubishi Evo’s: the aforementioned fast learning @Beo in P6, @Dragonic “Puncture Repairer” in P7, moi somehow in P8, and Canada’s finest Disco Bear aka @murfle in P10. Breaking up that foursome in P9 with a little Delta Intergrale thrown into the mix was @The9Avenger9.

Last of the classified finishers was @CZC in P11 despite him getting time penalties on two stages that the game crashed out on him. Also classified and scoring a point was P12’s @DarthMol.

So, halfway through the season, the Championship Standings look like this:

With 3 wins in row now, @Boogey puts a little distance between himself and @Aldyr. It’s only 6 points though, and one mistake by either of them could be the tipping point. @DeadlyPineCone does enough to retain the P3 spot on the table, but @Lazydemoni’s better finish in Germany helps him close the gap to DPC to just 3 points. Another 6 points back to @Slinx and @Dragonic in joint 5th.

:greece: Round 5 - Opa! Argolis Rally :greece:

R5-Greece

Into the second half of the season we go, with the dusty, loose gravel tracks and switchbacks of the Argolis region in Greece ready for your rallying pleasure over the next two weeks.

On your arrival in Greece, you’ll find the selection of Up To 2000cc 4WD cars waiting for you. Driver’s choice from the Citroen C4, either the '01 or '07 Ford Focus RS, the Peugeot 206, Skoda Fabia, or one of the three SUBARU Imprezas.

The Rally Route should be manageable by most - nothing too demanding. There is that one wet stage (Stage 4) that’ll force you to consider your tyre choice at the first stop, and with Maximum surface degradation on the stage too, you’ll need to choose wisely. You might also want to make sure that you protect your lights on the wet Stage 4 because you’re going to need them on Stage 5! Also, watch the tyre wear on the first 3 stages, all of which are Long. What? You’re tough. You can handle 3 back-to-back long stages. Easy. Opa! :smiling_imp:

Right, grab a fistful of souvlaki skewers for you and your co-driver, and go get all dirty Greek-style! Opa!

7 Likes

Yeah my run started off well until an unfortunate rock incident. After repairing the puncture my steering was kaput, I understeered into every group of spectators from there on. Decided I had nothing further to lose and gunned it recklessly over the crests… only to discover a hay bale stronger than granite. That was to be my car’s final resting place.

3 Likes

So when you guys do practice runs and such, do you go into Free Play->Custom and recreate the whole event, or…?

I sometimes just choose a single stage, unless I want to test tyres over 3 stages to determine how they’ll fare until the next service area.

2 Likes

I imaging that’s still done via Custom in free play?

1 Like

Custom Championship let’s you recreate the same club event. It’s so much effort though. Back when I only did 2 clubs, I would do that. Now I just practice a location till I have the feel of the car/country combo, and then go for it. Also, I did a post somewhere in his thread that details how long tyres last. Specifically for loose surfaces like gravel.

2 Likes

I don’t do practice runs.

2 Likes

Me either, but I’m probably gonna change that this event.

Maybe.

1 Like

Me neither - I just do last minute dot com runs. Which clearly is not working for me :smile:

2 Likes

I gave the first round a shot with a couple different cars.

Did the custom thing.

Still came in last of 20.

2 Likes