Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

Must be a connection issue on your end, sadly. I get into the game and get connected to the server no problems - maybe a bit slowly, but not an error like you’re getting. Managed to log and upload a stage time for one of my other Clubs and that worked fine too.

Hope you can get it sorted. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Hey guys, sorry I haven’t been participating as much lately. I’m finding it harder to work up the motivation to complete the events as I’m not really enjoying the rallying as much these days. That’s NO reflection on @GregRedd as I think he’s been doing a fantastic job putting together the events. They are nice and varied and challenging.

I’m going to officially bow out, at least for now. Not sure if it would benefit the other drivers’ scores if I leave the club or stick around. Happy to do whatever benefits the others in the championship.

2 Likes

That was a wet new zealand :cloud_with_rain: :umbrella:

2 Likes

No worries Darth. If it isn’t fun for you anymore it’s all good. No need to leave the Club - it has no impact on the seasons’ points, and it’ll be easier for you to jump back in if and when you feel the urge to drive dirty again :smiley:

1 Like

Cool, thanks man

1 Like

And done!

Those long dark night stages with only one working headlight weren’t so great.

Thanks for the season and your hard work @GregRedd! Its been some great racing!

4 Likes

Somehow managed to get my car across the finish line. And the game suggested retirement after the last checkpoint.

Pfft.

Also ended up with a DNF, presumably because I left it on the “continue” screen instead of quitting to menu, and then turned off my PS4… Oops.

Stage 7 killed me so hard.

1 Like

Yeah, I also struggled on the last few stages. Lost a headlight and got rear left puncture. I was bouncing around like a flippen pinball.

2 Likes

Oh my word!! Just had a quick glance at the rally results and see there was a fair bit of last minute rallying going on…! The championship standings are so close now!

2 Likes

So it seems a whole bunch of rallying went on over Christmas Eve! Our final Championship round in New Zealand turn out to be more of the decider than I originally imagined.

Our two aliens once again swapped the rally lead numerous times, and ultimately finished the 9 stages separated by less than 4 seconds! This time round it was :1st_place_medal: @aldyr who took line honours ahead of :2nd_place_medal: @Boogey. The win gave Aldyr the full 9 points towards his Championship score, while the Boogeyman settled for the 6 points for P2. Going into the event with a 4 point lead in the Championship meant he took the title by just a single point!

Filling the 3rd place podium spot in Kiwiland was :3rd_place_medal: @LazyDemoni, albeit over 5 minutes behind the leaders. A terrific rally for LazyD regarless, as he managed to finish well ahead of his Championship rival @Deadlypinecone, and the P3 brought his Championship points tally up to equal DPC!

So, here’s the Final Championship Standings after all 8 Rounds:

With just one point in it at the end, :trophy::1st_place_medal: @Boogey retains the MEW DR2 Championship title. :2nd_place_medal: @aldyr slots in Second Place, and both :3rd_place_medal: @Deadlypinecone and :3rd_place_medal: @LazyDemoni share the Third Place award. Congratulations and well driven!!

All-in-all, we had 15 drivers who completed at least one stage through the season and scored Championship points. After the Top Four came @Dragonic, @DarthMol, @the9avenger9, @SlinX, @Beo, @murfle, @czc, @Entity, @Grievous, and @WarRack101.

Thank you to all, no matter the amount or size of your participation in this season. I’ll definitely put together another full Dirt Rally 2.0 championship season early in the new year. Before then though, keep an eye out for another Hardcore Challenge for those that want to punish themselves :smiling_imp:

Stay dirty!

8 Likes

Loved it, despite coming in a bit late to the party. Thank you sir, you are a scholar and gentleman.

4 Likes

He has the best writeups in the business. With the soul of an 80’s curry cup commentator, I live for these summaries.

8 Likes

I’m delighted with the podium finish! I’ve never put in so much effort into playing Dirt until I joined these events. I’ve got a new found love for the game and have learned a ton in the process. Thanks for hosting this Greg!

7 Likes

Since I now have an Xbox, and Dirt Rally 2.0 is included on Game Pass, it was the first thing I installed. I am now ready to join the championship and bring down the average!

6 Likes

That’s great news! There’ll be a new MEW Dirt Rally season starting Soon™ I promise.

5 Likes

Welcome to the ranks.

3 Likes

Speaking of race directors, when are we getting a DiRT Rally 2.0 season eh @GregRedd ?

3 Likes

Was thinking about that recently too. Will see if I can set something up to start next week. Thinking different car class from old to new for each event - should be interesting.

4 Likes

Yeah, that sounds cool. A journey through the groups. Throw in some special stages, rally cross, and remove the night stages :joy:

1 Like

Thanks to @Beo’s prompting, I’ve eventually got round to setting up a new Dirt Rally 2.0 Championship Season for us. Yes, it’s time to get dirty again!

Same basic format as our full season last year - 12 events each running for 2 weeks from just after midnight on Sunday. Each event has 12 stages, Unexpected Events are active, all Assists are allowed, Hardcore Damage and Forced Cockpit Cameras are disabled.

I’ve kept things simple this time and let the game auto generate the stages, conditions, and surface deg levels. The randomiser is well gentle so there’ll be no wet stages and no night stages this season. And plenty of Service Stops along the way too. Opportunity for the aliens to set some super fast times and smash global leaderboards.

My only input into the season structure was to select the event location to make sure none were repeated, and then to allocate a car class to each event. We start with the classics and gradually work through to the more modern cars.

Here’s an overview of the season and the 12 events:

Round 1 is Monte Carlo with the Historic Rally H1 (FWD) cars beginning this coming Sunday, 1 May. (But I’ll make a separate post for it shortly with the stages and car list.)

Let’s get dirty!

This is an open invitation to all the existing members of the MEW Dirt Rally Club - you should see the Championship appearing in your game automatically. Jump in whenever you’d like, whether it’s for the full season or just for a stage or two if you’d like.

Anyone not yet a Club Member who wants to join in is also more than welcome. Visit the Club, sign in with a RaceNet/CodeMasters account, Request to Join, and let me know here that you’ve applied. Or send me your account name and I’ll try sending you an Invitation to Join. The Club is cross-platform enabled so you can take part in our events regardless of the platform you drive on.

cc: @aldyr @Beo @Boogey @czc @DarthMol @Deadlypinecone @murfle @Dragonic @Entity @Grievous @Massa @jaydogg86 @Konck @LazyDemoni @Munage @oltman @SlinX @the9avenger9 @WarRack101 @z1oc

11 Likes