Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

Not just for beginners, a lot of useful tips on driving different types of cars

6 Likes

Youā€™re too good at too many different types of games.

4 Likes

What tyres are best for the upcoming event in Spain? Online, everyone seems to say that softs are always the best option, but in the last stage, I really had a hard time keeping the car on the road.

4 Likes

Almost 50km. Softs will never last. According to some, thereā€™s no degrading of tyres during a stage. It only changes at the beginning of a stage. If thatā€™s true, softs are fine for the first 3 stages. And on the 4th stage, it should fall off completely. Basically survive for that stage. You would probably be slower with soft worn tyres than hard used tyres (because hards would only be used, not worn, by the last stage).

Iā€™ll probably go soft tyres.

Worn tyres make it difficult to turn in, ie. they add understeer during corner entry.

I might as well test my theory: Can an extreme oversteer setup, counter the understeer that comes later during an event, from worn tyres?

7 Likes

I practiced all 4 stages in sequence (on softs), and by stage 4, they were hard to handle. Understeer, then oversteer. Not undriveable, but almost no room to correct any mistakes.

I wonder whether normal tyres would make any difference overall? Obviously this would have an impact on the first 3 stages, which will all be slower.

4 Likes

Just happy to finish, as I rolled off a cliff a few times :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Same, I messed up in easier corners too. I guess my brain was as fatigued as my tyres.

2 Likes

What tyres did you go with eventually? And did they deteriorate progressively or was it it more ā€œokay, okay, not okay!ā€?

1 Like

I went for Mediums. They were more progressive for me, but still noticeably deteriorated in the last stage.

2 Likes

I chose softs, but had some accidents on the last stage. You might want to take the more consistent tyre: medium

2 Likes

Iā€™m struggling with some tunning where by if I go into a corner and lift off the gas (no brake), the car tends to spin into the corner.

Perhaps something to do with the differential?

2 Likes

Well, thatā€™s me doneā€¦

2 Likes

Exciting and fun, lift-off oversteer! Which car were you trying? I used the Fiesta Mk2, definitely lives up to its name. A fun car to drive.

I tried tuning, and was always slower, so I just used the stock setup. Itā€™s hard for me to figure it out, even when I use tuning setups online.

1 Like

I was using the VW Polo (or is it a Golf?). I found the online setup to be doing that, but when starting from default and tuned to my liking I got it to a point where I was comfortable.

That being said, practicing and tuning during daylight was fine. Come night shift though and everything changes. I smacked a barrier, took out both side tires, then hit a curb and had suspension failure.

Emo-terminal damage!

4 Likes

My Vaderā€¦ Completely forgot about this.

2 Likes

Almost missed it myself. Been having all sorts of kak with computers so spent most of today doing a full Windows reset and repair, and then the tedious task of reinstalling everything. Made the cutoff with less than 7 minutes to spare.

5 Likes

I was on the last checkpoint when I realized why I couldnā€™t turn right anymore. I finally got to see the outside of my car. I was missing the front half!

Terminal damage!

4 Likes

High speed Spanish shenanigans in the dark done!

This time round itā€™s :trophy: :1st_place_medal: @Aldyr who manages to finish 6.6 seconds ahead of :2nd_place_medal: @Boogey. :3rd_place_medal: @LazyDemoni and P4 @the9avenger9 are also still locked into their close battle - just 4 seconds between the two of them in the run for the last step on the podium.

@SlinX puts his sole Citroen into a lonely P5. Yours truly was P6,but only because I was the last one to reach the finish line at the end of Stage 4. I somehow managed to keep my Ford moving forward long enough to get to the end. P7 goes to @TheeAlekai who crashed out on Stage, while @Beo and @murfle jointly get to share the Wooden Spoon after they both failed on the first stage.

Round 3 is live, and weā€™re off to dusty Argolis in Greece.

Ī Ī·Ī³Ī±ĪÆĪ½ĪµĻ„Īµ Ī³ĻĪ®Ī³ĪæĻĪ±, Ī»ĪµĻĻ‰ĪøĪµĪÆĻ„Īµ! :greece:
(Pigainete grigora, lerotheite!)

3 Likes

Going to have to shorten the pacenotes, or Iā€™m going over a cliff in the dark

4 Likes

It is kak dark on those Greek mountain tracksā€¦ :smiling_imp:

2 Likes