Dirt Rally 2.0

The rumours and teasers over the past few weeks have been confirmed: Codemasters is getting ready to release the follow up to the excellent Dirt Rally, with Dirt Rally 2.0 set for a multi-platform release on 26 February 2019.

New cars, new environments and the addition of the official WRX Championship should make for a decent successor to the first one.

DiRT Rally 2.0 dares you to carve your way through a selection of iconic rally locations from across the globe, in the most powerful off-road vehicles ever made, knowing that the smallest mistake could end your stage.

You will need to rely on your instincts with the most immersive and truly focused off-road experience yet, including a new authentic handling model, tyre choice and surface deformation.

Power your rally car through real-life off-road environments in New Zealand, Argentina, Spain, Poland, Australia and the USA, with only your co-driver and instincts to guide you. Race on eight official circuits from the FIA World Rallycross championship, complete with licensed Supercars and support series.

Develop your team and cars around race strategies, and progress through a varied selection of Events and Championships in both a single player Career Campaign and a competitive online environment.

The announcement trailer looks fantastic:

As do some of the released screenshots:
http://www.dirtrally2.com/static/fd855d5219a5e35612b6adeb345e3b46-e736850aa99190b4e75392344b15f0b6-c2837.jpg

http://www.dirtrally2.com/static/d66893cb7596d5290c28406b9c908848-4e1bf7db5a12bcb424019d90f259f403-c2837.jpg

http://www.dirtrally2.com/static/560c7377bb06a15bef315e59c4c0b662-03e9c25df69b77e8c3accdc07a8d5caa-c2837.jpg

Can’t find any store pages that are live yet (despite that it says “pre-order now” at the end of the trailer) but do see that the original game is on sale on Steam for another 2 days. At under R55, it’s a steal right now.

i didnt like the first dirt rally i prefer the more arcadey dirt titles, dirt 2 is still the best imo

2 Likes

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Dirt Rally definitely leans more to the sim side of things than the arcade side, and takes a fair bit to master - I never came close :smile:. I like both - the Dirt titles for when I just feel like tooling around in the dust for a little, Dirt Rally for when I want to pretend to be the next WRC champion!

I have Dirt Rally sitting in my Steam library waiting to be played… Really must give it a go some day

1 Like

Wow, and I literally just bought Dirt Rally yesterday.

1 Like

Very happy they are doing another Dirt Rally. The first one is super fun, and I trust Codemasters to make fantastic driving games.

1 Like

But I haven’t made it through Greece yet!

2 Likes

Take your time, enjoy the scenery. You have until February 2019.

I’m a bigger fan of the DiRT arcade series. Every time DiRT 4 is on special on PS4 I’m hugely tempted to buy it, but fear it’s going to be too similar to DiRT 3.

1 Like

Looking (and sounding!) sweet.