Does anybody here actually LOVE their job?

Same here. The only thing keeping me from throwing in the towel, or going postal, is the paycheck. Goddamned corporate slavery

Now see, that makes me worry. What if I come work for you and I’m not as good as I think I am? Also, it’s a bit weird having to work for a fellow MyGamer (um MostEpicWinner?).

1 Like

Yeah but I’m kind of getting to the point of doing what is good for ME and not for the wallet if you know what I mean. There will come a day when the money counts for nothing after all.

1 Like

if you need a volunteer im available :grinning:

I normally reach the traffic circle at about 6:35 SO a good side impact would suffice. There is a long drop down the side of the circle so I should be dead by quarter to 7

Your first comment was funny. The fact that you have it planned out already and know the intricate details now makes it some scary…

Such precise planning never works out.

Yeah with my luck a scooter will come past and lightly brush my side mirror

The more I’m getting involved in UX design and wireframing, the more I’m starting to enjoy my work.

I don’t love my job. I don’t hate it either. I’m just tired.

Its complicated, it depends, I’m indifferent.

The deadlines are insane and some (most) of the clients are morons but I love what I do. :slight_smile:

Sometimes I do sometimes I don’t.

Bad time of year to ask this question as most of us are burned out. I’ve just had a couple of unbelievable months and need to keep the ball rolling. I don’t want to take leave, but I have too or I will lose my mind

I can honestly say that I do love my job. It is something that I am passionate about and it excites and challenges me.

Just like in marriage, there are good days and bad days but overall my life is better for for it.

The people and work environment make a big difference though.

We need to get everyone to also clarify WHAT they do. Maybe there is a correlation between the job, and ones fondness for it?

I work as a Money Market trader at a big bank. Obscenely stressful due to the frankly absurd numbers I am “forced” to manage :cry:

I am an operational manager for a distribution company. I am responsible for the timeous delivery of everything from the smallest envelope to the largest pallet in my region, which is Western Cape.

In reality I manage an office full of three year olds masquerading as adults, while our RGM and MD have literally driven people to nervous breakdowns through forcing staff and vehicle cuts but upping volumes to save money.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that would be telling, and dispel the mystery :sushing_face:

I am an associate pastor at a Christian church and my various roles range greatly from behind the scenes stuff such as managing the Church website, to preaching, conducting weddings, funerals etc. to discipling and journeying with people through life.

For me I believe a lot of the job satisfaction comes from the fact that I believe in what I do and find it fulfilling.

Good point, some jobs are just more fun. Be nice to see which ones carry the biggest stress

I’m a Financial Adviser so my job is what I make of it.
Sleepless nights and begging clients to do their medicals so I can get paid.
Sitting down with people who I have never met or would never had met over a cup of coffee.
Dealing with farmers and getting produce as gifts.
It’s up and down, but I enjoy it.