Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

I have no clue, sorry. I avoid most Microsoft products, with the exception of Minecraft.

I know they have different levels though, so you’d probably start with something like “Associate” and then move on to “Engineer”, or whatever… But the Comp-TIA stuff is a better starting point imo

Do one cert at a time.

3 Likes

Good morning everyone.

3 Likes

Maybe you can find something here and see if its for you before spending any money on Udemy?

https://www.youtube.com/c/Freecodecamp

3 Likes

We have to deliver a tender by tomorrow. Still waiting for the QS to send us their stuff. :unamused:

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Juicer, Stick, Jug, and Bullet blenders

Depending on who you speak to: IT could mean Desktop Support. Or Infrastructure (which people split up into server management and networking), and some fucknuts also call software development IT (this is my pet peeve).

Then there’s the Windows vs Linux world. Desktop Support will probably be Windows for the majority. If you want to get into infrastructure and possibly the behemoth that is AWS, you’re going to have to get comfortable with linux, cos it’s everywhere. That said, managing infrastructure nowadays, is often done in a simple internet browser.

All of them have plenty of people that don’t know what they are doing, which is great: it means, you should be able to get work there. But definitely, find a focus, cos IT is a mammoth depth and breadth of technology.

4 Likes

This sounds awesome! Steak Punk!!

Our company is quite good at measuring engagement. It’s slightly on the intrusive side, but rather a little too much than too little… Asking the questions you’re listing is paramount in keeping a happy company, as much flak as engagement checks get in the greater HR environment. The key, IMO, is having a person dedicated to the task of making sure folks are engaged, and raising an alarm when things are going sideways. It’s easy enough in a company of ~450 people, not so much in your case.

1 Like

Flip i have had to learn how to do content briefing for our companies’ sites and wow…i am so glad i am not a writer… it is so hard coming up with content topics, dont know how people find things to write as well.
It really tires out my brain.

1 Like

Got the rather depressing news that my open heart surgery is a failure, my condition continues unabated. Going to see the cardiologist next week but my research seems to suggest that strong beta blockers are going to be my future. Anyone use strong beta blockers and have any advice before I see the cardiologist?

3 Likes

I’m sorry @Shrike . That’s really bad news.

2 Likes

Thats bad news @Shrike . Only thing I know is that beta blockers usually cause other issues, sadly.

2 Likes

Oh no sorry to hear @Shrike, that really sucks.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear :pray: Any chance things could improve without needing those blockers?

1 Like

Sadly no, I have had the condition all my life and as age has set in, the curative medications stopped working, hence the 3 operations to cure it.

3 Likes

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge hugs

2 Likes

Murfle’s forecast: 70% chance of load shedding this weekend

3 Likes

Just holiday things…

4 Likes

Hecking hecksticks! Sorry to hear @Shrike.

2 Likes

I don’t think they’re going to wait until the weekend…

2 Likes

What coast?

1 Like