Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Good morning everyone.

4 Likes

Morning people of the palace
have a great day

3 Likes

Whoop, there it is!

3 Likes

I’ve been lucky until now, but damn, I have an exam from 07:45 - 10:00 tomorrow. Guess I’ll have to be at work extra early. :sob:

3 Likes

Hello! I forget, do we have a topic for amazingly weird stuff on the Internet?

4 Likes

Since it’s a video, Video of the Day contains all sorts of random, funny and cool.

2 Likes

Good morning!

:grinning::wave:

6 Likes

Morning all
We are off for training this morning on how to move my dad from the bed to his wheelchair and to a car. . . .Its freaking me out a bit

5 Likes

They say déjà vu is the first sign of mental illness.

3 Likes

4 Likes

You ever fart, and it doesn’t smell familiar?

3 Likes

Yeah, that was my son last night. I actually said to the wife that it smells like the dogs fart.

4 Likes

The house we are selling may finally register this week! It’s been a tough year and when this happen I’m going to party like it’s 1999.

I hope you are all doing well.

8 Likes

Hello everyone.

4 Likes

@Solitude glad to hear you guys are finally winning!

So we are moving dad to a new facility on Friday since medical wont pay for someone who isn’t showing improving.

We went for a session with the physio’s, they showed us how to transfer him to and from the bed and wheelchair and they also took us to the gym where we managed to get him to walk with minimal assistance (first time in almost four months that I saw him up and walking) He basically is refusing to do it for the most part, once or twice a week is the max that they get out of him.

We have to do the transfer ourselves, which is scaring me silly. He is gonna want to go home not to a facility. And at this point we cant afford the care for him 24/7 that he still needs. Thus far we have had 1 lucid moment for about 5 mins and that was yesterday for the first time. The staff are not very optimistic that he will get more than a few lucid moments a month at this point. His age plays a big factor.

6 Likes

So I installed Microsoft Edge on my Linux laptop…

And promptly reverted to Firefox again.

This has been a public service announcement.

5 Likes

I… don’t know what you were expecting.

5 Likes

Just dropped.my kid off for his first jiu-jitsu session, keen to hear how it went :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Us too!

2 Likes

Of course, at his age group, I think it’s more playing but starting with the discipline and technique will come later.

He took to it really well and energetic, introduced himself to other kids and started interactions on his own. That was great to see. However he didn’t want to get involved in the wrestling as yet as he was afraid of getting hurt, but I think this will change soon enouigh as he learns that sparring is a mutual respect for each other.

3 Likes