Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Wakes up to broken booting OS :upside_down_face:

Did the power die during a critical step during an update :angry:

Loads snapshot

Sips coffee. Carries on working.

4 Likes

I had a staff member who waited an hour and 10 mins for his work laptop to log him in yesterday . . . . .

If you have an IT Desktop Support department, maybe they should take that up with them, and SOMEONE’s manager. I’m sure your colleague was totally fine with just sitting there watching the login screen, or moaning into the air.

I realise I’m prickly today. My in-laws have been here for a few too many days now…

3 Likes

Visiting family are like dead bodies. After three days, it begins to smell.

Ah linux things.

3 Likes

They don’t to fix his laptop since he is in the process of switching from Dell to MAC

Greets, everyone. I have left Melbourne & the family, and have moved on to Perth for the second part of my Australia trip. I am staying with a wonderful friend in Perth. On Sunday we get the rental Campervan and can pack. We leave early Monday morning for Exmouth/Ningaloo over 3 days to camp out for the total solar eclipse on Thursday 20th. Then we take a slow and winding drive back to Perth. It’s going to be an adventure, driving 1200km up the west coast of Australia, and then back down again, in a campervan, over 8 days. I’m excited! :minibus:

:sun_with_face::waxing_gibbous_moon::first_quarter_moon::waxing_crescent_moon::new_moon::waning_crescent_moon::last_quarter_moon::waning_gibbous_moon::sun_with_face:

9 Likes

Yum! Love the sweet taste of a fresh Friday.

:grinning::wave:t2:

3 Likes

Morning everyone.

4 Likes

Im in hospital!

wifi works :smiley:

4 Likes

Hope all is well. ie you’re visiting someone else?

2 Likes

yea all good. not here for op, but for “observation” to see if new meds have side effects. hopefully out tomorrow, or sunday at lastest (dont have leave monday so better be sunday) :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Morning people of the palace

Busy morning has been busy

Plus the M5 being closed didn’t help this morning

4 Likes

Is that due to the upcoming marathon?

I think we’re around the corner from you, I went into the office yesterday and saw the lights for the stadium when I went upstairs.

2 Likes

It was for an oilspill

Not sure how the marathon will affect us today I completely forgot about that mess = oh wait just got the details sent via whatsapp

Goooood morning Mzanzi!!

3 Likes

Morning everyone.

4 Likes

Howdy.

4 Likes

Hello there.

4 Likes

Morning everyone.

4 Likes