Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Yesterday was a day!
Was driving on a dirt road detour because the main road between La Mercy and Umhlanga (M4) was out at the bridge over the Mdloti River. Popped my front right tyre on shale rock and then the bakkie’s left front slid off the edge of the road (there’s a bit of a drop) and thunked into a tree which stopped me from going further off. Local superhero came with his Land Cruiser and pulled me back up onto the road and helped me switch out the tyre. I wasn’t going very fast so it’s a small ding from the tree, but the tyre is foooooooked. Replacing both front tyres right now.

7 Likes

Stage 4 from 11 - midnight now.

4 Likes

Ooof, that sucks @Ani! I’ve lost my fair share of tires on shitty MP roads, I feel them pains! :expressionless:

3 Likes

This is my neck of the woods! If you need anything, let me know! Will DM my number.

4 Likes

Great start to the weekend.

1. Loadshedding from 8-10 AM
  2. Electrical maintenance in our area from 10 AM - 4 PM
  3. Loadshedding from 4-6 PM
2 Likes

Yip, the outlook has gotten significantly worse.

3 Likes

I want coffee and warm food. Guess it’s just peanut butter bread for tonight :rofl:

2 Likes

6 hours of loadshedding each day on the weekend, during my game time. I am not happy.

4 Likes

I agree. And Office 365 is a scam!

5 Likes

Good news! We finished before 18:00.
Bad news! We’re gonna do more of this.

3 Likes

4 hours of loadshedding and 6 hours of unplanned outage I can finally eat something and have some tea.

5 Likes

I was actually trying to get to Ballito to go have a muffin at that place you recommended but the bridge just south of Ballito was out! That was my first introduction to how foooooooked the M4 is up your way. So then I was just trying to get back to Umhlanga. :sunglasses: I popped into Hi-Q this morning and I am sorted with new rubber. Just wheel alignment left. Next time I’ll organise with you in advance, maybe we can both have muffins at the same place at the same time and you can meet Sydney!

4 Likes

Habari ya asubuhi marafiki. Ningependa kujifunza Kiswahili.

3 Likes

Good morning goblins!

:grinning::wave:

Interesting challenge @Beo - any particular reason?
Mti wako wa maarifa na uzae matunda.

2 Likes

Morning people of the palace, loadshedding se moer, almost no gaming time this weekend.

3 Likes

Hi all, don’t you just love when the power trips in your area a minute after the load shedding session? :angry:

But I’m sure they’ll get it sorted just in time for the next session of load shedding!

3 Likes

I’m certainly going to miss the Durban loadshedding exemption once its gone

2 Likes

Just think it’s a beautiful language is all, not trying to learn just saying I would like to, along with signing.

1 Like

Well they fooled me, the issue wasn’t fixed just in time for the next round of load shedding. Instead it wasn’t fixed at all. Now we wait to see if the power will actually turn on after 6pm. Looks like a lot of areas in Joburg are bombing out.

Time to start investigating that solar rental program.

4 Likes

And 11 hours after load shedding started at 8am we finally have power. It came down to our block still being tripped. A couple of off and on’s and now it’s stayed on. Should be good until tomorrow’s session at 8am again where we get to roll the dice once more!

4 Likes