Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Same thing happened to us on Friday.

3 Likes

I greet you fellow survivour :muscle:t2:

4 Likes

Morning everyone.

Man this has been one of the most interrupted weeks so far this year.

4 Likes

Morning all. Happy Sunday.

:grinning::wave:

Agree with you @czc - been a complete disaster of a week for me too. My plans to get so much done is about 50% behind. And only today to get back on track. Going to use the next load shedding block - in an hour - to see if I can write an article using the phone, so that I can carry on grading online assignments when the power comes back.

And I have very little faith in them actually ending load shedding today. There’s more to come for the week ahead.

3 Likes

Morning people of the palace

Woke up grumpy and not in the mood for the day…

2 Likes

Was wanting to do a roast pork belly today but with loadshedding at 2pm that messes me up.

3 Likes

Roll over and go back to sleep. Try again in a couple of hours. :grinning:

2 Likes

Okay scratch that, pork belly too expensive, and any other roast for that matter. Will save roasting as our once a year spoil.

3 Likes

That is why we save up and buy half a lamb, then we have a roast once a year or two.

And porkbelly needs a day of rest after scoring the cracking in the fridge where you leave the fatty part open to dry out. Best crackling then

1 Like

Never heard of that method.

1 Like

Its apparently a tradition in chinese and japanese cooking. My sister told me about it.

You make your marinade for the bottom, or a rub, and let it soak in overnight, the fatty part you score with a knife and let that part stay out in the open, it dries out and when you cook it, apparently you get the best crackling.

1 Like

I hate it when I’m right.

So because Eskom are too weak, spineless, and intimidated by “organised” labour and won’t arrest, charge, and prosecute those who they acknowledge are acting “unlawfully”, or discipline and terminate “employees” who do not report for work, the entire country continues to suffer. Utterly useless.

6 Likes

National key point really means nothing. :frowning:

2 Likes

So, I had an afternoon nap yesterday at 3pm and woke up at 7am!

I love my wife for letting me sleep through. I clearly needed that!

Then spent the morning at church and the afternoon playing Minecraft with the kids. Now its movie time!

Now THAT is a weekend!

4 Likes

For some reason my PC didn’t want to start after loadshedding. Its been popping loudly every time I plug it in. Going to leave to powersupply turned off and see if that helps.

3 Likes

Unplug the PSU from the motherboard and hold the power button in for about 30 seconds. I’ve had a few PCs like that, maybe you’ll be in the same boat.

2 Likes

It’s a Monday. We like Mondays. Right?

:grinning::wave:

2 Likes

And wrapped it all up with a bit of hapless hunting!

3 Likes

Load shedding kicked in 19 minutes late this morning…

2 Likes
3 Likes