Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Morning people of the palace, need to try and sort out the mess at the office today . . .

3 Likes

Morning everyone. Madness at the office today. The batteries where at 19% and boss was shouting at his kids again.

3 Likes

Still a literal shitshow at the office, now awaiting to hear from the assessor when he can come thru and let us begin the work.

2 Likes

I feel like I’m not catching the day up.

2 Likes

Oh, and thanks. This worked.

3 Likes

Morning. Once more into the fray.

:neutral_face::wave:

2 Likes

Aloha.

3 Likes

Morning all

The loadshedding is good for one thing, making our electricity last till the end of the month.

Hope you all have a good day

3 Likes

True story.

2 Likes

And now with the possibility of Stage 6, it’ll last even longer… :neutral_face:

1 Like

You’re f*king with me, right, RIGHT?

1 Like

it means 4 hours of loadshedding in one stretch at night, going to have to dig deep to not be the grumpy old man at work because I got no game time

3 Likes

Yeah, I haven’t really played anything since Sunday morning.

1 Like

We are stretching 79 units till 1st

1 Like

For us it’s an extra 2 hours on two of the three times during the day. We currently have 7.5 hours on Stage 4. Stage 6 would take it to 11.5 hours per day.

2 Likes

MEH

2 Likes

11.5 hours per day for stage 6? That’s appalling! I don’t even get scheduled for that much during stage 8

3 Likes

Exactly the same here. 3 2-hour slots on stage 4 then on stage 6 2 2-hour slots and 1 4-hour slot at night.

Grrrr

3 Likes

I know, it’s laughable right? And that’s in an average middle class suburb of Joburg. Many places are the same though. Funny thing is that the frikken electricity bill doesn’t seem to go down by a relative amount :neutral_face:.

Besides, whatever small saving you might make gets swallowed up and then multiplied by the cost of fuel to run an alternate power supply. If it’s not diesel for a generator, it’s replacing inverter batteries that are getting destroyed by the constant on and offs, or that never have enough time between load shedding to recharge properly. Running a small business from home is getting harder and more expensive.

4 Likes

Yay.

2 Likes