Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

While driving home from Durban yesterday on the N3, my mom and I found a stray dog at a truck stop. She was super skinny but really friendly, going from car to car begging for scraps and asking for someone to please let her into their car. She was also seriously dehydrated. We couldn’t leave her there so we loaded her in the bakkie with Sydney (they get along fine) and took her with us.

The shelters were full so we took her to a vet who took her for the night. They gave her a full checkup as well. She has hookworm but is otherwise fine, but about 6kgs underweight. My mom posted in her community chat and a lady fell in love with her and said she’d be interested in adopting her.

This morning the vet gave her the clear to go to a new home. I picked her up and the lady arranged to drive through to meet her. They loved her immediately and she has gone home with them! So I am very relieved and happy.

I am so glad we didn’t leave her there at the truck stop. She’s going to have proper meals and love and a big yard to run in now. She loves cuddles and skritches and loves running around. She deserves people who love her. I’m so glad!

8 Likes

Приветствую товарищи товарищи.

3 Likes

Finally a holiday! We are in the freezing Berg for a week. Very little signal, fireplaces, hikes, board games, potjiekos, good books, and family…

Man, this is what I need!

I will be awol for a while, but dont worry about me :blush:

6 Likes

Enjoy the break. Be chill :grinning:

2 Likes

Morning all.

:grinning::wave:

Gate motor receiver and beams are fried. Alarm systems backup batteries are shot. #ThanksEskom :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

Good morning everyone.

3 Likes

So we had a surprise with load shedding last night. We were scheduled for 9pm. They turned us off, but 3 minutes later, they turned us back on again.

3 Likes

Sounds amazing :wink:

1 Like

Morning people of the Palace have a great day

Hope none of you get this snot cold. Its so rampant in our area that you cant even find cold meds.

2 Likes

Indeed, super jelly.

1 Like

Yeah, I still have a constant tickle in my throat after a month long bout of it.

1 Like

Dont say that, we cant visit dad with this sniffle, cant dare to pass it along to anyone there.

1 Like

Hope you all get better soon.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, hope you all have good weekends

4 Likes

Morning people of the palace have a great day

@ani - yay for finding him a furever home
@Donisia - hope its going better that side, keep me updated!

Feeling less icky today, slight sore throat where the nasal tubes connect to my throat, but its from the post nasal drip that seems to be better today

3 Likes

Feels good to be back in the proper swing of things.

4 Likes

I hope the gif thing works.

3 Likes

Afternoon all.

:grinning::wave:

3 Likes

Seriously? WTAF are these Ekscum folk smoking? Because they are clearly on some seriously bad shit.

2 Likes

This is gonna be a crazy few years.

2 Likes