Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Talking about cake…

Happy Cake Day @aldyr! :cake: :partying_face:

1 Like

stop talking about cake!

1 Like

OK, in that case Happy anniversary of the day you joined this community @aldyr

2 Likes

Self-inflicted I’m afraid. Homework not being done on multiple occasions.

1 Like

3 Likes

But but but… I have to go to work :open_mouth: I can’t stay here forever! Who’s gonna feed the cats and pay the bond and drink all the whiskey??? :sob:

2 Likes

I’ll handle the cat and the whiskey. Someone else can take care of the bond.

3 Likes

Argh… I’ve had a headache building all day and now at a point where my one eye is watering as a result of the “pressure”. Took two Mypaid Forte which seems to have ibuprofen so that should help.

1 Like

Dont take this stuff for more than a week, it kills your kidneys.

2 Likes

Yeah, I only very rarely use it for bad headaches. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Morning people of the palace have a great day

3 Likes

Just saw this in email:

Dear Shane,
Congratulations! We’re thrilled to let you know that your application to champion the change within our organization was successful. As a newly appointed RIB Change Ambassador, you’ll play a vital role in driving and influencing the change required to transform and scale our business.

I wonder how far this goes and how influential it will become.

5 Likes

Hey ho!

:grinning::wave:

2 Likes

Good morning everyone.

2 Likes

Greetings

RIP Kevin Conroy :pensive: :cry:

5 Likes

Farewell Batman

4 Likes

He will always be the OG Batman for me.

3 Likes

Very sad. Fuck cancer.

4 Likes

I’d like to punt something somewhat related. Today I registered as a Stem Cell donor with DKMS (formerly known as the Sunflower Fund). Specifically I am registered for blood-stem-cell donation to help treat leukaemia globally.

It literally takes 5 minutes to register. They will ship a swab kit to you. You swab the inside of your cheek and they collect the swab kit again. You then get added to the global database.

I learnt about DKMS and the Stem Cell donation registry through a News24 article about a young girl in Durban who has leukaemia and they can’t find a donor for her on the global registry. This is because black, coloured and Indian populations are severely underrepresented in the registries worldwide.

I may not be able to help her, but I might be able to help someone else someday. The link is below. Please consider registering, and while you are at it, consider signing up to be a bone marrow donor and organ donor as well.

Happy Saturday, everyone!

DKMS Africa Stem Cell Donation Registry

4 Likes

Here’s the link to the SABMR (South African Bone Marrow Registry). Similar process - you register, they send you a swab kit, you send it back.

South African Bone Marrow Registry

3 Likes