Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Yep my nemisis

I am waiting to be signed up for an advanced Excel course

use =UNIQUE(YOUR LIST OF NAMES HERE)

That will give you an array containing only 1 copy of each name. Might be useful!

2 Likes

Now I am gonna sound stupid but where do I put that in?

I assume in the cell formula field within the range of cells you would like to filter.

1 Like

Wherever you’d like a list that does not contain duplicates to appear.

The second Thing1 disappeared! Then you can copy it out to wherever, delete the original list, copy the new list into the old one. Something like that.

3 Likes

You can also concatenate the fields you need to be unique together into a new column, apply some cleanup functions (like replacing spaces and so on) and sort the new column. That way, similar names will be more easily grouped together. Then after that there must be a way to perform a Levenshtein or similar analysis to group the text together based on a similarity threshold.

2 Likes

Easter Monday I’m guessing?

1 Like

And ensure whoever does the data capture in the future does some sort of data validation to prevent all these same but different dupes.

True, weird that someone would be working since its a public holiday as well.

1 Like

In @DarthMol’s line of business it’s a pretty busy work day, I imagine.

1 Like

Yup, a public holiday always goes a long way to MMGA!

That’s the nice thing about the Monday, it’s after all the busyness Easter and I can relax!

2 Likes

If they made another thing movie, let alone 9, I’d shit mah pants

1 Like

I bring you fair greetings fellow beings.

:grinning::wave:t2:

4 Likes

Guten tag.

3 Likes

greetings

3 Likes

Best greats

3 Likes

Shark!

1 Like

This was literally a data dump from Salesforce

Half the fields are not populated

Its driving me insane

Also good morning people of the palace

2 Likes

Where is our resident Kanuk?

I found him an upgraded version of his bear

@murfle

3 Likes

Dont ya hate having to search for conferences in all the places in the world in various fields
and you get slapped by a crap ton of information

Erm, no, not really. I’ve never had to search for conferences around the world. I’d be glad to attend some though - so gimme ticket plz?

2 Likes