Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Afair few things, but ive already cried an a friend shoulder so I will be ok, Im just struggling mentally with a few things.

3 Likes

Welcome back kidney stones! Blood tests and CT scan yesterday revealed what I suspected - a stuck kidney stone. So I need to go in for a ureteral stent on Friday. Sounds like fun.

3 Likes

Good morning all.
:grinning::wave:

Virtual hugs @Wyvern - you are stronger than it all.

That’s sounds uncomfortable, unpleasant, and very painful @FarligOpptreden. Hope you get sorted quick.

2 Likes

Good Morning everyone.

@Wyvern Sterkte

@FarligOpptreden Hope you get better

2 Likes

Thanks guys. @GregRedd it is uncomfortable. I’ve had kidney stones before, but they lasered and removed them during a procedure. This time, the urologist wants to put in a stent from my kidney to urethra to let the stone(s) pass normally. It should stay in for at least 2 weeks, after which it is removed. If the stone(s) don’t pass by then, they will be lasered and removed.

So lessons learned - drink plenty of water (3 liters per day), reduce stress and generally look after yourself. All this I don’t do and my body is punishing me for it.

2 Likes

You know what has a huuuuuge amount of water in it?

Coffee. Follow me for more healthcare tips.

Seriously, though, hope it all goes well and as painfree as possible!
Speaking of pain, @Gregredd, are you fully recovered now?

3 Likes

I am 98.395% recovered, thanks for asking. :smiley: Still very minimal pain from some of the stitch sites after my surgery, but otherwise perfect. Thank goodness for modern medicine and medical aid cover though. Without those two things I’d still be in a world of hurt and discomfort.

3 Likes

Well that’s an oddly specific number that’s led me on an uncomfortable train of thought…

2 Likes
4 Likes

I was immediately thinking of this video when I read the 3L per day. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Couches have finally arrived, yay, no more sitting on the floor :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I haven’t watched the video (yet), but the hydration is to keep your kidneys flushed. When you don’t flush liquid through them, matter compounds in your urinary tract (kidneys through to urethra) that causes all kinds of nasty, painful “stones”. So it’s best to dink lots of fluid.

4 Likes

While I totally agree regarding marketing bullcrap, I can tell you from first hand experience that in certain parts of the world, if you start too feel thirsty, it’s too late. Drink twice as much as you think you need. The tour guides all tell you that, and I have become dehydrated or gotten heat stroke because I waited until I was thirsty to drink.

But ya, marketing cronies can go suck an egg

3 Likes

This is the core of the issue, extreme conditions affects the body extremely and you have to take precautions for it. In a “normal” world that is not the case and just drinking 3L of water because you hear you have to is silly. Give some thought to your own conditions and make a decision.

5 Likes

According to my nutritionist it is not 2 l of water a day - its 2l of any liquids you take in a day. For me this breaks down to:
1 smoothie in the morning - about 250ml water plus 3 spoons of yogurt - that is counted as a liquid
1 cup of coffee - 250ml
water during the day (I have a 1.2l bottle that I finish during the day)
1 glass of water with dinner to help digestion (not a myth according to her)
1 cup of tea/coffee after dinner

On training days I do add another 1 l of water which I take in during and after exercise
And on very hot days I get thirsty a lot so I drink more then

2 Likes

Yup. Americans don’t see past their own country…

3 Likes

Because if they did they would have to look at the closest first and that would be Canada and no one likes to feel inadequate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Have kids they said, it’ll be great they said…

Me cleaning up the patio after the kid decided to kaksmeer the whole flippen patio floor.

FUN!

2 Likes

I have covid lol. I feel crap

2 Likes

lol you have covid, hope you feel better.

1 Like