Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Good morning everyone.

4 Likes

Wow, my chest feels tight and my lungs feel sore.

2 Likes

Get going to a medical professional!

4 Likes

Been sitting on a nebuliser for a while. Hopefully it’ll help. Will do another stint later.

2 Likes

Morning all

2 Likes

Howzit!? Happy Humpday!

:grinning::wave:t2:

2 Likes

Good morning everyone.

4 Likes

Greets folks! What a day. Great day overall but crazy busy.

I am in physio for multiple reasons, and today I had a session at 08:00. Those of you who know me, know that that is before I usually even wake up. My regular sleep schedule is 00:00 - 09:00, and I am not a morning person at all. So it was a big deal for me to be up and dressed and at my appointment at 08:00. (It didn’t help that Jake woke me at 05:20 asking to please go outside. He asked so nicely though, and I believe in listening when our dogs try to communicate with us, so I get up and go open for them to show them that I am listening and I care.)

After an hour of torture (for a good cause) I stumbled over to Dischem to get loaded up on proper medication for this nasty cold that @SIGSTART so graciously brought home from work for me. Usually he brings me leftovers and unwanted swag, but I guess it’s the thought that counts. He kicked it in about 4 days, but I’m not that lucky. While I was out and mostly ambulatory, I popped into the shops for some groceries too. What I couldn’t get there I ordered on 60Sixty, and in a surprising twist, I had to book it home because else the Checkers delivery was going to beat me there. I kid you not, 20 minutes from hitting the button to meeting the guy in the driveway.

I carried everything inside and packed away the refridgables. Then there was a bunch of morning admin to do. Sydney needs his medication, and it’s becoming harder and harder to find ways to get it into him. We’re currently on sardines, because chicken viennas and milk aren’t good enough enough any more. Spoilt best boy. Jake (our new Mal-sation floof) needs his second breakfast, which is supposed to be an enrichment activity or training, but today was pressed for time so he got some in his Snuffle Mat, and some in his bowl with his portion of the sardines. Usually we would do Sydney’s physio rehab exercises, but he recently had a nail amputated on his weak leg so no rehab until he’s properly healing from that.

Then I had to gobble breakfast while packing my lunch, prep my equipment, harness up the floofs, and load everything in the Bakkie. We hit the road on time so I was quite happy with that.

The boys were really well behaved today, and aside from Jake bouncing cheerfully into a giant patch of blackjacks, work and pitstops went really well. We got home at 19:00 and I unloaded everything, shutdown my equipment, made dinner for the floofs, had my own dinner, and spent an hour picking blackjacks off Jake. You have never dealt with blackjacks until you’ve removed a solid handful of blackjacks from a long-haired floofy dogs’ body and matted tail.

Then it was Jake’s second dinner time, which is training exercises for mental stimulation. His kibble is used as his reward for his exercises. He’s getting really really good, he learns new things quickly, and he’s got about 20 commands pretty solidly already in just 3 months with us.

Then it was time for bed! I have my microwaved bean bag warming my feet, and two knackered doggos sleeping next to me. It’s much earlier than my usual bedtime, but I’m Ded. Gonna gooi my Duolingo lesson quick (I’m trying out some Norwegian) and then I’m going to Ommeval.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone. Please keep warm in this cold snap. :snowflake:

6 Likes

Morning all

3 Likes

Greets and goes!

3 Likes

Went to the doc yesterday and been booked off for the rest of the week.

4 Likes

Today, 80 years ago, D-Day happened!

5 Likes

Time to rewatch Saving Private Ryan and play some Medal of Honor.

5 Likes

Morning all

3 Likes

Have a fantastic Friday folks!

3 Likes

Mornign all.

I forgot my lunch at home :expressionless:

4 Likes

Morning all

2 Likes

Hello all. Happy Saturday.

2 Likes

Good morning everyone.

3 Likes

Hey y’all.

So I’m feeling marginally better. But now my kids have come down with the sickness too. Poor Samuel has had a temp of around 38 all night.

3 Likes