Morning all

2 Likes

Aweh.

Not got the power today.

2 Likes

Morning everyone.

Cold Monday at work.

2 Likes

Just saw your post. The editor of BT says they’re still doing the article but they don’t run the “5 things” headline any more. Here’s today’s: South Africa tries to patch up US relations and KZN wildfire death toll rises – BusinessTech

It’s an experiment to see if the new format headline gets more reads vs the “5things” one.

2 Likes

Thanks. I was starting to look for other sources to get daily highlights. The “5 things” article is useful because normally I skip topics that don’t interest me (which is why I haven’t found this till you mentioned it now), but I always visit BT daily to specifically look for the “5 things” article and then check if anything else catches my eye while looking for it.

3 Likes

Morning all

2 Likes

Morning all.

I have seen (probably in YouTube segways or ads) somewhere that shows the validity of news and facts. Like a site that has verified sources as an attempt to whittle out fake news and the sort.

Not sure if I am making sense, but does anyone know what I am talking about?

2 Likes

Morning all. What’s shaking?

:grinning::wave:t2:

3 Likes

Are you referring to Ground.news?

From what I understand, it basically shows all news articles and then specifies how many left and right-leaning media outlets / sites have reported the news as a way to not miss news due to media bias. I guess that can be useful if you’re living overseas but don’t know if that would really apply to South Africa as we generally just have “the news”. Also, I don’t know if they really carry SA news (I haven’t checked them out, just saw the Youtube segments), but I’m happy now that I found my “5 things” BT article again.

1 Like

Good Morning Everyone. Posting on the Edge.

1 Like

Morning all

2 Likes

The Edge of what? The world? The browser? Your bed? Your sanity?

1 Like

And a good morning to you too, friendoes!

:grinning::wave:t2:

2 Likes

Edge of midday. :smiley:

Good morning MEW. Getting warmer again.

2 Likes

I think that’s it, thanks.

1 Like