Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

My building project isn’t going too well. The site is a muddy, sloshy pit and it makes it incredibly difficult to go and see what the contractors did during the day. At least they got the structure, roof, windows and doors up before the rain started. They’re busy with tiles, plugs and light switches currently, and starting on laminate floors later this week. It’s at least encouraging to see no leaks inside the house (yet) even with all this torrential rain we’ve had.

3 Likes

Reminds me of when my business partner built his house in Kleinmond. The water table is extremely high so when they dug the trenches for foundation, they had to drain the water (and this wasn’t even in raining season).

Just watch for about 1 minute from the timestamp.

3 Likes

I’m just surprised that they need three people to measure and mark where to cut the roundbar.

2 Likes

We had to shove these massive metal cages under the house, when we added on, in Betty’s Bay. Although, it’s more marshy here, but I know those water filled trenches far too well. Should probably put a borehole in, we’ll never be short of water.

2 Likes

My parents stay in Kleinmond and had a similar experience. Luckily my dad built a combination wooden / brick house on “stilts” so it doesn’t affect his structure much. He did have trouble settling his garden, though. Seems like your business partner’s house isn’t all that far from my parent’s house… They’re on the corner of 10th and 5th.

2 Likes

Ok cool. His daughter and her family is currently living there but he plans to retire there eventually. The building project was quite chaos though. He started building his house about a month before I started mine and he finished long after me. Think the building contractor even went bankrupt (maybe because of things like using 3 people to measure and mark a roundbar) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I feel like I am failing and drowning under the increased workload and pressure. Or is this what burnout feels like?

1 Like

Morning all. Happy Thursday!

:grinning::wave:t2:

3 Likes

Morning all

3 Likes

Certainly sounds like you’re potentially heading in that direction. Time to stop saying “yes” to every new request you get asked to take on.

And definitely time for a little self-care and some regular mindfulness breaks during your day. Get yourself a mindfulness app and use it today!

I use Balance on the regular. You can use it for a year for free if you’re a new user.

2 Likes

Thanks, I have tried a few of these in the past but wasn’t aware of this one specifically. I also think I have somewhat of a mental barrier against meditation that I need to get over and instead just try it and better understand it. Or at the very least the mindfulness aspects of it.

I’ll give this a looksee, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Good morning everyone.

Mindfulness, when you make coffee you focus only on making the coffee.

4 Likes

Morning all

3 Likes

Hey hey it’s Friday!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Rookie numbers. I’ve legit just finished my third cup of the day.

5 Likes

I’ve done that in tea.

Good morning MEW morning brew drinkers.

4 Likes

Morning all

2 Likes

Howdy, howdy, howdy!

2 Likes

Good afternoon everyone.

3 Likes