Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Wow that’s a hectic one. Those vivid dreams take a while to wear off.

5 Likes

Anyone make use of the Entertainer app?

Looking for a place to go for our anniversary.

3 Likes

woah back online from the trip crazy how time goes by

4 Likes

Wacky Wednesday!

:grinning::wave:

3 Likes

Good morning everyone.

2 Likes

Morning.

3 Likes

Ja we use it but I’m guessing you don’t have plans to do your anniversary in joburg…

Mornings everyone

4 Likes

I always forget about the app no idea howxto use it sorry.

Morning people of the Palace have a great day

We have roof people coming today to spray clean the roof and tomorrow they will be fixing the gutters

Also if all goes well dad is finally moving to rehab.

5 Likes

I have returned. Well, that was a couple of hatefully busy and shit weeks. But I will try to post more here.

5 Likes

Welcome home!
Hows the wife and baba doing?

Dad was transferred today to the rehab centre, we are meeting his social worker/ maatskaplike werker, tomorrow to find out what the next steps are going to be. I wont lie, my anxiety is kicking up a bit thanks to that.

5 Likes

Hey! Hey! It’s Fr… Thursday. :neutral_face: So close. Good morning.

:grinning::wave:

2 Likes

Off to Centurion again for 2 days. I’m having a 3-day conference with our devs to find out exactly what they want and what their ideal jobs would entail - and obviously what they perceive an employer would expect in return. This is after we had 3 resignations in the last 4 months, which obviously eats into our bottom line.

Yesterday’s session at Vrede & Lust in Paarl was quite productive. The venue was stunning and the catered food heavenly. Unfortunately venues like that are few and far between in Centurion, so we had to make do in booking half a bespoke (steak punk themed, of course) coffee shop.

3 Likes

This is fantastic that you (business) ask these questions, it really not only displays interest but also builds trust and speaks so much into the culture.

2 Likes

Morning people of the palace

have a great day!

Im hoping my back spasm will allow me to at the very least start a new onesie painting job

1 Like

Morning you sexy fuckers :mechanical_arm:

So I have a question. Since there’s a lot of different people here with different works and what not.

https://www.udemy.com/

Has a sale on a lot of their courses and I really want to get into IT this year and start studying. Problem is I have no idea where to start and even if Udemy has what I need.

So I’m asking for guidance here because it’s something I’m really interested it

2 Likes

Saying you want to get into IT is is a bit vague, “IT” is a very broad topic and has many branches, is there somewhere in particular that interests you or that you see your career going?

3 Likes

Like I spoke with our works IT guys and they said I should get my Microsoft 100 and 101 courses. I don’t know of there really is something like that. But they said a lot of people are looking for those then I also want to get my A+ and N+

2 Likes

Udemy courses all depend on the instructors. The sales are almost always on, but not every course. If you do decide to go for courses there, delete your cookies or use a different browser, and you’ll get deals again. This may have changed recently though.

It sounds like you’re going for desktop support, so Microsoft certs, A+ and N+ are definitely good on the CV.

But before you throw money at Udemy, check https://www.discudemy.com as a lot of instructors put out coupon codes for courses in the hopes you’ll give them a 5-star rating.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m personally not a big fan of Udemy for many reasons but mostly just a personal preference thing and my values.

Otherwise, try these @1nF4m0u5

https://www.udemy.com/topic/comptia-a/

2 Likes

Morning Mewbs,

Been off for a while (again).
Life in the UK is stabilising nicely.
Changed careers a bit.
Still working with Autistic and Additional needs teens twice a week, but started as a fibreglass laminator almost two months ago working Friday to Sunday 6 until 6.
04:30 wake up has been something new, but love the physical work.

I’m on the right track now to pay for visa’s without credit.

Missed you all, but irl does come first in some instances

3 Likes