F1 24 - EA Sports F1 Games

I don’t feel so useless anymore - Lewis Hamilton also uses the Racing Line driving assist.

:grinning:

5 Likes

AI director mustve forced some assists after his clash with Alonso last time around :smiley:

3 Likes

Reminder that F1 22 is now on EA’s Playlist and available on Game Pass for PC and Console from today. EA Play subscribers now have full access to the game through the EA Play on PC and Consoles. Game Pass subscribers can grab the game for PC and Xbox.

To celebrate the release, and the start of the new season, F1 22 players will find the new 2023 Alfa Romeo C43 liveried car available in Time Trail mode:

Coming Soon - Thursday, 2 March

• F1 22 (Console and PC) EA Play
    PC Game Pass & Ultimate members can get behind the wheel on March 2 as F1 22 joins The Play List with EA Play. Get to grips with the fastest motorsport around. Take your seat in the 2022 season cars, test your skills around Miami International Autodrome, and get a taste of the glitz and glamor in F1 Life.

Also, there’s a new sub-site over on EA Games announcing that this years’ edition is “Coming Soon™”

F1® 23 - Coming Soon - Official Game from Codemasters - Electronic Arts (ea.com)

Nothing more than that there at the moment. The previous two editions were both officially announced in mid- late-April. F1 2021 was released in mid-July of that year, F1 22 was in drivers’ hands by the end of June last year.

1 Like

Lol the picture EA shared on Twitter about the announcement of F1 23 misspelled Bottas’ surname and didnt even lost Yuki. Great quality right out of the gates!

For reference, this is the picture in question

2 Likes

The EA Sports F1 YouTube channel has been rebranded.

Presumably Konnersport Racing Team is one of the career story mode teams?

4pm BST is 17:00 here.

1 Like

Devon Butler returns to Formula One with his own team for F1 23 - the Konnersport Butler Global Racing Team.

Still no definitive release date for the new edition, but the Konnesport story mode reveal tease does suggest that we shouldn’t have too much longer to wait to find out more details about the game:

Tune in for the full reveal of #F123, starting May 1, 2023.

The “team reveal” building the lore behind the new team, and hosted by Naomi and Durk, does suggest that the Story Mode might actually be a little more important this time around. Anything will be better than than the silly F1 Life nonsense from F1 22.

1 Like

There’s a F1 23 Closed Beta running this weekend, and the leaks have been filtering through the F1 Game Reddit and on various sites, despite the NDA warnings plastered all over the place.

Here’s one that claims it’s info is “Exclusive”.

1 Like

Introducing the F1® 23 Champions Edition, featuring EA SPORTS™ ambassador Max Verstappen.

Also don’t miss out on the F1® 23 Standard Edition featuring F1® 23 ambassador Charles Leclerc.

Don’t miss the F1® 23 reveal trailer, dropping May 3, 4pm BST #BeTheLastToBrake"

1 Like

Join us for the F1® 23 Reveal Trailer | May 3 - 8am PDT, 11am EDT, 4pm BST, 5pm CEST.

1 Like

Couldn’t they have the three standing side-by-side? Looks like they are skimping on the designer budgets and just getting someone to crop three images and then stitch them together. Those different backgrounds and clearly cut hoomans are just distracting.

2 Likes

Again, I will be about 6-10 months behind the curve here. I cannot keep spending R1000 each year. It will end up costing more than iRacing!

3 Likes

I know, it’s ridiculous. I sure hope it’s just a temporary thing that they threw together for the social media posts. Even so, five minutes with Photoshop and I could produce a better cover, even if it was just for a social media post.

1 Like

I’ll keep putting that R1000 cost plus another R200 to my annual EA Plus subscription so that Kid Redd can keep hanging out with her Sims and I can get to play Star Wars Jedi (once they fix it) and F1 23 when it releases. If it wasn’t for that though, I’d be right there with you on waiting for the end-of-season sale to happen.

2 Likes

A sharp Redditor managed to grab a screenshot of the updated About section for the game from the Steam page, before it was taken down - presumably because it was revealed too early.

If it’s accurate (and things work! not holding my breath):

• the new circuit (Las Vegas) and the newish one (Qatar) are both in game from the start.
  • the Braking Point story mode is back (we figured that much with the Konnesport and Devon Butler tease from last week.)
  • Red Flags are in!
  • There’s a new 35% race distance option, which sounds ideal actually - 25% is too short, 50% is too long. 35% is Sprint Race length, so you could potentially do a full season of Sprint Races.
  • there’s “expanded cross-platform multiplayer” - not entirely sure what that entails though
  • F1 World returns. Just in time, I need a new couch for my fictional supervillain hideout supercar garage.
4 Likes

Be the last to brake in EA SPORTS™ F1® 23 coming to PlayStation 4|5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC on June 16, 2023.

F1® 23 delivers a new chapter in the thrilling “Braking Point” story mode, dramatic wheel-to-wheel racing at new Las Vegas and Qatar circuits, fresh rewards to earn in F1® World, updated 2023 cars with the official F1® driver lineup, and more!

Pre-order the F1® 23 Champions Edition now to get 3 days early access and exclusive content: F1® 23 - Pre Order

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/f1-23

Release date: June 16, 2023 6:00 AM GMT+02:00

1 Like

Gameplay features “deep dive” coming tomorrow, probably:

1 Like

Here’s the Part 1 Deep Dive, looking at game features:

Glad to hear that the Portimao, Shanghai, and Paul Ricard circuits are being kept in. And to be fair, the Vegas and Qatar circuits look really good. The improved controller handling will have some up in arms about the game going all arcade and console only, but I’m okay with it. (I can’t say how I know but the controller handling really is very good). Red flags look like a solid addition too - if they work reliably!

1 Like

Deep Dive #2: The Braking Point story mode is back. F1 World creates a variety of solo and multiplayer events and challenges.

Sky Sports F1® presenter Natalie Pinkham returns for another Deep Dive into F1® 23. Find out more about the next chapter of the thrilling Braking Point story mode. Plus, details on new feature F1® World that’s set to reinvent how you enjoy F1®. Earn rewards, upgrade your car, and take on the world in a revamped ranked multiplayer ladder.

I’m still not convinced they’re using the term “deep dive” properly… these are more like a “shallow paddle”.

2 Likes

First look at F1 23 gameplay and the new Las Vegas Strip circuit.

And no, Maldonado is not back on the F1 grid - the devs just used his name as the 2nd My Team driver for the clip.

3 Likes

Lando does a short race around the Las Vegas circuit on his streaming rig. Doesn’t do so great for his first time. I don’t feel so bad about being so kak. :smiley:

1 Like