Everyone makes tea wrong

1. Start with fresh, cold water and heat in a nonreactive kettle until just below boiling
  2. Measure your Earl Grey tea and place in your tea infuser and allow it to steep for 3-5 minutes
  3. Reserve some hot water and fill your teacup. Let sit for about a minute to warm the cup, then pour the water out. Then add the milk to the warm cup—this will bring the milk to temperature so it doesn’t curdle.
  4. When the tea is done steeping, slowly put it into your teacup over the milk.

No mention of anything other than tea, hot water and milk

1 Like

And then you get people who squeeze teabags

Gotta get maximum strength after all.

Easy, the vanilla comes in the teabag. No need to add anything. You want to maximize flavour? Buy a pack of Tim Tams, bite opposite corners off, and use it like a straw to drink the tea. (note: shove it in mouth immediately to minimize sloppy chocolate everywhere)

Rather do that with a peppermint crisp and hot chocolate

That’s not Earl Grey then…

How i make tea:

• Teabag in mug
  • Add 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of sugar
  • Wait for water to boil in kettle.
  • Add boiling water to mug
  • Press teabag against sides of mug to release flavour.
  • Remove teabag
  • Add milk from fridge
  • Stir
  • Wait till it cools a bit, and drink
1 Like

How long between water boiling and pouring water?
Sounds like you are burning the damn tea!

How do you know if you are always adding the same 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar?

He always carries the same spoon with him that he stores in his socks. I have actually seen it

1 Like

But eye balling half a teaspoon of sugar can be subjective.

You you mean like that.
He actually has 1 normal size spoon. He scoops sugar, evens it off with his credit card. Then he has a smaller spoon designed to be exact 0.5 of a normal spoons size, and he scoops with that then and evens it off with his Credit card. Resulting in EXACTLY 1.5 spoons of sugar.

Easy

Why not get a spoon designed to be 1.5 teaspoons?

2 sounds complicated

Yeah, I hope he never loses his spoons.

You are making tea wrong

That was the 1st option, but the master Spoonsman was not able to do it. The design work around it was too complicated as there are no other examples in existence. There is an ancient greek mythological story of Zeus having one, but with the fire of Nero those records were lost forever.

Its also one of the reasons Atlantis was lost.

A true tragedy.

But crazy how Zeus also used a credit card back in those days

2 Likes

Thats why they were gods. They had access to credit cards and stuff.

3 Likes

Hahaha was expecting this reaction, i pour the water directly after it is finished boiling, tea ends up tasting great so, all this extra waiting and faffing about is just a waste of effort for something that will be finished in like a few minutes. And yes i just eye-ball the sugar, if it ends up being 2 teaspoons or even less i don’t really care

1 Like