F1 24 - EA Sports F1 Games

The 2 player career sounds like a great idea! Its almost a “duh, why is it only in there now?” feature!

I really hope they worked on their online / league play… I dont want to go through THAT again… Yes, @Avatar knows what I am talking about here… :joy:

2 Likes

Honestly, I want to. But every time I look at it, all I see is this table:

And it pisses me off to think that EA care so little about F1 franchise gamers with kak currencies in some places (South Africa specifically) more than others (howzit my Chinas, Russkies and Argies! :wave: ).

Seriously, the first thing EA did once they took over CodeMasters was strip out our regional pricing benefits on Steam. We regularly slate EA and other publishers for the utterly shitty monetisation practices they have used in the past, and continue to use now. Add to that the regular failure of many of them to deliver complete and functioning PC games that aren’t just some crappy “console-first” afterthought, but for which they’ll charge us console prices. Yeah, nah. Fuck EA.

I’m super stoked for those who will get it early on, and wish and hope that it’s an absolute jol to play, I really do. The CodeMasters developers who worked on the game deserve all the praise. Their new corporate overlords deserve nothing. I’ll wait for it to go into EA Play or Xbox Game Pass, and eventually add to the my Steam account when it goes on sale there - it eventually will.

Either that, or I’ll grab it when it lands up in a Humble Bundle sale, with 8 other games, all for under R270 ($20) like that other overpriced, overhyped CodeMasters (via Slightly Mad) title Project Cars 3 is at the moment. And that’s just 10 months after it’s release.

2 Likes

Ozzie Man!

3 Likes

Didn’t realise we were getting so shafted in comparison to the rest of the world. All thanks to EA deciding that PC gamers must pay console prices.

4 Likes

One month to release of F1 2021.

1 Like

I can see that @DieGrootHammer is playing some F1 2020 in anticipation :grin:

3 Likes
1 Like

And so it begins!!!

2 Likes

Enjoy, Ou Grote! Am jelly, but will continue to wait and join you when it goes into EA Play or gets big discount, whichever comes first.

Where’s the stream, or did I miss it?

Not streaming it right now, but that does give me an idea…

I don’t get to watch F1 so i need to get my weekly fix. :wink:

PRESS RELEASE - 06 September 2021 - Johannesburg, South Africa

F1 Silly Season Begins!

Hammer Racing Team (HRT) have announced the signing and subsequent return to F1 of Oltman Botha!

The owner-driver of HRT, Stefan Reinecke, said that Oltman’s return to F1 was not of any concern. “Oltman has proven himself in the GT3 class with great consistency and even a few wins, and I have been keeping a close eye on his test runs in a 2020 F1 car. His times around Spa and Zandvoort in difficult conditions is proof that he is a natural talent.”

Oltman and Stefan has had a few run-ins in the lower classifications, most notably around Zandvoort a few seasons ago. However, both drivers relish the chance to combine their strengths for the good of the team, and let bygones be bygones. Said Oltman: “Look, our few clashes before were birthed from an utmost respect of each other’s skill. We are both drivers who want to win. When driving on the edge, the room for mistakes are tiny. And when there are 2 drivers on that same edge, it becomes impossible not to meet each other head on.”

Stefan added that mutual respect is critical to a successful team. “Without that respect in the team, it is no longer a team, but a rivalry. I chose Oltman because we can be a great team.”

The drivers admit that the first season’s goals are to build a great team for future success. “Our goals are to score some points, maybe even good points. We do not expect any podiums just yet, but we will be lurking in the wings if the top teams trip up. But the long term future goals make it clear we want podiums, wins, and even championships!”

The F1 2021 season kicks off soon and broadcasting details will follow.

@DieGrootHammer

7 Likes

I still remember that race :rofl:

Best of luck HRT racing. Let’s hope you don’t take after the HAAS team mates!

5 Likes

What is HRT Team’s expectations at the first three rounds of the season, Melbourne, Melbourne, and Melbourne?

3 Likes
4 Likes

That definitely ups the value proposition of the game!

3 Likes

But where’s all the cigarette and alcohol sponsored liveries?

Anyway, how’d the races end up going last night, @oltman and @DieGrootHammer ?

1 Like

All the cinematics are captured from realtime Unreal Engine renders… But the game runs in EGO 4.0, their in-house engine.

2 Likes

F1 2022 coming with some major changes. Possibly.

Two of the biggest changes for F1 2022 this year will be the removal of its story mode and the addition of a new player hub called ‘F1 LIFE’.

F1 LIFE allows players a more behind-the-scenes look at the lives of actual Formula 1 drivers, with players being able to purchase and collect various luxurious items.

These items will include the likes of expensive watches and designer glasses.

However, one of the biggest additions to the game, that is also included as part of the F1 LIFE feature, is the introduction of supercars that players will be able to collect and drive.

Not only can you collect and drive these supercars on your own, but you’ll be able to race them, online, against other players’ supercars on the game’s 23 tracks, although not against actual F1 cars.

F1 Life y’all! Hookers and blow! Hennesey and hoes! Yeehaa! Etc., etc.

4 Likes