Finish one to buy one

So earlier today, I decided that I shall, from now on, be allowed to buy a new game after I finished a game.

This is not a restraint to prevent me from going bankrupt, but rather as a reward system to allow myself to buy new games. I haven’t bought a new steam game for ages.

This is my list of finished games on steam:

I have finished games back in the day before steam. (I can only think of HL:OP, HL:BS, AoE II):neutral_face:
Hope I can add to the list when I join GameClub

Thanks to @GregRedd, I’m adding a rule:
Bundles don’t count.

But I’m sure that there are some of you that need to instil a system like this as a restraint? :wink: :wink:

4 Likes

Nice. I’m targeting finishing 60 games this year. And I’m trying to not buy anymore games. Especially with the Humble Monthly bundle I have so many in my backlog.

i like your idea. I’ll have to change it a bit to suit my needs. Maybe a new game for every 10 that I complete? Hmm that may work.

3 Likes

60 per year! That’s insane.
I’m going to challenge myself to finish 3 games this year.

I get what you’re saying, and you have a point. If I buy a new game for each one I finish, I’ll also never finish my backlog.
Hmm. I’m thinking 3-5 finishes = new game.

2 Likes

Happy to be of service. :joy:

2 Likes

I have to many highscore games for this to work :smiley:

1 Like

Your idea has actually made me aware of how few games I actually complete. I’ll never be able to do this as I actually rarely complete games. Perhaps if you do it in an arbitrary manner, perhaps. But then I need to complete at least 5 game the rest of the year, as I have 5 must-buy games on my list.

2 Likes

Yeah, but can still work for your other games though?

Hopefully, this idea will motivate me to finish games as well

2 Likes