Fitness Q&A

nope mine are useless

how often do you do any stretches/ exercises to improve strength and mobility?
Not many people do at all, so most people have useless wrists with that regard

Not that much, I havenā€™t had time for myself to just even do 15 mins of exercise in the past 4 months.
I am finally slowly getting back into it - I do use the resistance band as much as i can. I am hoping to get back into the swing of things, working 2 and 3 jobs aint healthy

1 Like

Very good. I donā€™t think I can just plonk onto the back of my hand like that. Will try just holding.

1 Like

Canā€™t do it!

Wrists too sore?

I tried the one on the finger tips as well, got it right. Just that the transitions are more difficult

Donā€™t think theyā€™re strong enough.

1 Like

I think I hurt my shoulder muscle trying to do these.

Dear @Flex

I have a job interview on the 14th and if i am successful my next step is a fitness test that requires 20 push ups.
The push ups are the ones where your elbows remain close to your body as opposed to the ones where they are jut out like school PT days.
I cant do more than 3. https://youtu.be/Cl1ERFtqmW8 skip to 1.45
Do you have any gym exercises that can help me build strength in that area?
I have joined a fully equipped gym to help me pass.

Kind Regards,

Snowbeast

1 Like

1st things first. WHAT Job is that for? =D

2 Likes

But yeah. in general when doing any kind of pushup/press motion, the closer your elbows are tucked into your body, the more you utilize your triceps.
And then doing lady version of pushups while keeping elbows tucked in can work as well

2 Likes

Could also grease the groove.

2 Likes

Thanks bud. I am using stairs to aid me now.
Starting with 2 stairs to failure then 3rd step then 4th step.

I have applied as an RAF regiment gunner https://youtu.be/AsbHibEtfio
All dependant on pre joining fitness test in 6 weeks then basic training.

My body type is the one that gets fat fast, but i also build muscle fast. Once I have a basic level of fitness i generally improve quickly.

1 Like

How do you mean you are using stairs to assist you? Placing your hands on the stairs ?

1 Like

Btw how or why did you end up applying?

2 Likes

I go to a flight of stairs and start as low of a stair as i can as it takes some of the weight off my shoulders and places it on my feet. I do it as i can do more pushups instead of 3 and failing. I move up a stair after each fail as it becomes easier due to less weight on my arms.

We moved to the UK last month, i came on a holiday visa.
Iā€™ve always wanted to be in the military but have always been told to get a degree, work a normal job etc and Iā€™ve hated it all.
Iā€™m 31 and my own boss (with my wifes permission) so decided to follow my dream.
I chose the RAF regiment as they focus on defence as opposed to offence and they have some good specializations.

I would go about practicing the narrow pushups a different way.
All that you are doing when you elevate your legs is you are allowing your anterior delts to assist more and working the upper part of your chest as well. Will not strengthen your triceps or make narrow pushups any easier. Try and do diamond pushups perhaps as well

1 Like

Those are really going to target the triceps.

Seriously though I think with all that other practice you should also grease the groove. Drop down every hour and do 50% perfect form pushups of what you can normally do.

wtf is this grease the groove?