Forza Motorsport

Very unrealistic, I can see lights on in Jhb on that last screenie.

6 Likes

It was only stage 3 at that time. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

upscaled from 540p on series S probably

1 Like

Thanks, I spit coffee on my keyboard :joy:

I wonder if the drifting will be as fun as it used to be

LOL!!! Best comment of the week!

1 Like

10 October 2023!

Today at the Xbox Games Showcase we revealed that Forza Motorsport is coming to Xbox Series X|S consoles, Windows 10 and 11 PCs via the Microsoft Store and Steam, and Xbox Game Pass for console, PC and Cloud Gaming (Beta) on October 10, 2023.

We also shared more details on Forza Motorsport’s cover cars. The stunning 2023 No.01 Cadillac Racing V-Series.R racecar and 2024 Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray will be available for fans to drive in Forza Motorsport at release.

Experience Over 500 Cars at Launch

As we mentioned in January, Forza Motorsport launches with 20 completely rebuilt tracks from around the world with multiple layouts, including 5 never-before-seen tracks in a Motorsport game. Each feature fully dynamic time-of-day with weather, living crowds, and tracks that rubber in and react to temperature changes.

As for the cars you’ll be racing on these tracks, Forza Motorsport starts with over 500 cars at release including modern race cars. You’ll have spotted a few in our new trailer and the latest screenshots we’ve featured in this blog! Here’s a snapshot of the cars we showed today:

Wield Specialized Track Competitors in the Builders Cup Career Mode

Out-build the competition by earning over 800 performance upgrades and race our most advanced AI opponents yet in an all-new, fun and rewarding single-player campaign, the Builders Cup Career Mode.

We’ll properly introduce you to this single-player car building experience, including a full walkthrough with actual gameplay in our next Forza Monthly livestream on Tuesday, June 13 at 11:00am PDT / 6:00pm UTC following the Xbox Games Showcase Extended. We’ll see you there!

Race the World Alongside Your Friends

Compete for the podium in Featured Multiplayer events with a race weekend inspired structure or create the racing you and your friends desire in Free Play.

Online racing is safer, more fun, and more competitive with AI-powered Forza Race Regulations, tire and fuel strategy, and new driver and safety ratings.

Pre-order Forza Motorsport to Receive Early Access

Pre-order the Forza Motorsport Premium Edition and be first on the starting line with 5 days of early access beginning October 5, 2023. Xbox Game Pass members, as well as Forza Motorsport Standard Edition and Deluxe Edition players, can upgrade to the Premium Add-Ons Bundle to receive early access and all other add-on content included in the Premium Edition.

4 Likes

Game Editions
Three editions available:

Standard Edition @ R1399
This edition included with Game Pass as a Day One release

Race 500+ cars including modern race cars across 20 living environments featuring dynamic time-of-day with weather and multiple layouts.

Deluxe Edition @ R1799

Includes the full game and Car Pass. Car Pass content is available as released and delivers 30 new-to-Forza cars to your game weekly, one per week.

Premium Edition @ R1999

Includes the full game with 5 days early access, the Race Day Car Pack, Car Pass, VIP Membership and Welcome Pack.
The Race Day Car Pack features 8, new-to-Forza cars built for the track; Car Pass delivers 30 new-to-Forza cars to your game weekly, one per week; VIP rewards 2X credits, 5 Forza Edition cars and more; Welcome Pack unlocks 5 cars and bonus credits

Premium Edition Add-Ons Bundle @ R799 (R720 with GP)
The four Premium Edition Add-ons (Race Day Car Pack, Car Pass, VIP Membership, Welcome Pack) cannot currently be purchased separately. They can only be purchased in this Add-Ons Bundle. (If you pre-order this you will also get the 5 days of early access.)

PC - Steam

The game will also be available to purchase for PC users through Steam, although the Store Page does not yet list prices. (These should be the same as the Xbox/Windows prices.)

1 Like

ja ne, as expected, this is the prices we need to live with now. so basically I’m not buying new games for the next foreseeable future :laughing:

3 Likes

It would be grand to play an simcade racer on my wheel, with good wheel support. No decent, minimum good support. Life is not only about simulation racing games. Don’t quote me on that, my sweeping idiotic statements are tied to my mood.

That all said, they can fuck right off with that price. I don’t think they’ll pull the people from the fun they are still having in Horizon 5. So, in my mind, more than likely, won’t sell as well as they hope.

I assume they’re hoping to get more buy in for Game Pass? Is it even scheduled to be added on release?

2 Likes

How do we increase the value of our Game Pass offering? Easy! Lets pretend the games in the library are worth more! New games launch at R 89 999…

Reminds me of how municipalities value houses. They run short of money so they increase the property valuations to increase tax revenue. Does not mean the houses are ACTUALLY worth that much.

2 Likes

Exactly this. It’s the same thing with the Starfield pricing (R1400 - R2000 in that case!). Just as @Oltman says - it’s all a perceptional thing. Without even thinking about it, I actually said as much in my Starfield post: “Pricing for outright purchase is very high. You’ll pay less for a full year of Game Pass”.

Yip. All new MS Studio games go to Game Pass on Day One.

1 Like

How do we increase our sales? Put it in Game Pass for “free”!

That said, I’ve got Game Pass anyway, gonna rock the socks off of this.

2 Likes

The thing with subscription models is that once you have the buy-in, it’s very easy to keep that client as the subscriptions are almost so minimal that they are “forgotten” about and seen as a negligible price to pay to maintain the subscription, even if you aren’t actively using it.

1 Like

Hahaha a friend literally just confessed to doing this, he did this previously with Humble Bundle as well.

I’m not ready for that commitment though.

1 Like

i’ll get this on special, forza Motorsport 7 and all the horizons are more than enough for me at present

2 Likes

I would like to get this again, sadly it’s considered EOL.

1 Like

I bought it when they announced EOL and it was on a huge discount on Game Pass.

3 Likes

Looking forward to playing this. The Game Pass version that is, not the version that costs more than a year’s worth of Game Pass.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The big single player component of the upcoming Forza Motorsport release is something being called the Builders Cup Championship.

Check out the Builders Cup career mode in the new Forza Motorsport, a fun, rewarding and competitive single-player campaign where you level and build your favorite cars into track dominators.

Creative Director, Chris Esaki and Principal Software Engineer, Tyler Hennesy introduced and explained the Builders Cup campaign in tonight’s Forza Monthly.

Kyalami is used in the demo :smiley:

5 Likes