Forza Motorsport

This is where the hoarder in me come to life. I have had access to Forza through Game Pass. I never played it. Now that they want to take it away and there is a chance I can get it for free, I am like “give me this game!”

2 Likes

All 3 editions of Forza Motorsport 7 have just gone on a 75% sale until the delisting on 15 September.

At R325, Ultimate Edition is R10 more expensive than the FM7 VIP Pass by itself! Even so, picking up just the Standard Edition for R175 is ridiculously good value for the amount of content that comes with the base game…

2 Likes

Ag no man damnit @GregRedd … Now I have no excuse!

1 Like

Just do it man, it really is a great game. As much as I love the Assetto Corsa and Project Cars series of games, Forza Motorsport just fills a niche of highly polished, content rich, slightly arcade-ish sim racers.

1 Like

Get the game, but don’t expect anything realistic. Also not too great with a wheel. I had lots of issues getting comfortable with my wheel on the game I guess if you’re not used to things like ACC or iRacing then it played well.

Yeah, I played it for a while on Game Pass and went to the controller. It was not made with wheels in mind…

I dunno, I kinda enjoyed the game with my G920 setup. Felt much better than playing with a controller.

Downloading again on Game Pass and will use the next 44 days to decide.

1 Like

Confident news (from people like Jez Corden at Windows Central) that Forza Motorsport is currently in Closed Beta and that a handful of select YouTube and Twitch types are doing some play testing.

I guessing a solid trailer and a confirmed end of year release date will be revealed during the big Xbox showcase event next month.

1 Like

Digital Foundry: Forza Motorsport was revealed in two trailers this week, so Alex Battaglia took a fine-tooth comb to the provided footage to see what he could learn. How could Turn 10 achieve 4K 60fps with ray tracing on PC and Series X - and what else has changed since Forza Motorsport 7?

2 Likes

Coming to Forza Motorsport…

Complete with Portaloo :smiley:

500 cars, 20 environments, no release date other than “coming 2023”. :expressionless:

5 Likes

the graphics still dont look up to par with GT7 imo, Even with its in game raytracing

2 Likes

Very unrealistic, I can see lights on in Jhb on that last screenie.

6 Likes

It was only stage 3 at that time. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

upscaled from 540p on series S probably

1 Like

Thanks, I spit coffee on my keyboard :joy:

I wonder if the drifting will be as fun as it used to be

LOL!!! Best comment of the week!

1 Like

10 October 2023!

Today at the Xbox Games Showcase we revealed that Forza Motorsport is coming to Xbox Series X|S consoles, Windows 10 and 11 PCs via the Microsoft Store and Steam, and Xbox Game Pass for console, PC and Cloud Gaming (Beta) on October 10, 2023.

We also shared more details on Forza Motorsport’s cover cars. The stunning 2023 No.01 Cadillac Racing V-Series.R racecar and 2024 Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray will be available for fans to drive in Forza Motorsport at release.

Experience Over 500 Cars at Launch

As we mentioned in January, Forza Motorsport launches with 20 completely rebuilt tracks from around the world with multiple layouts, including 5 never-before-seen tracks in a Motorsport game. Each feature fully dynamic time-of-day with weather, living crowds, and tracks that rubber in and react to temperature changes.

As for the cars you’ll be racing on these tracks, Forza Motorsport starts with over 500 cars at release including modern race cars. You’ll have spotted a few in our new trailer and the latest screenshots we’ve featured in this blog! Here’s a snapshot of the cars we showed today:

Wield Specialized Track Competitors in the Builders Cup Career Mode

Out-build the competition by earning over 800 performance upgrades and race our most advanced AI opponents yet in an all-new, fun and rewarding single-player campaign, the Builders Cup Career Mode.

We’ll properly introduce you to this single-player car building experience, including a full walkthrough with actual gameplay in our next Forza Monthly livestream on Tuesday, June 13 at 11:00am PDT / 6:00pm UTC following the Xbox Games Showcase Extended. We’ll see you there!

Race the World Alongside Your Friends

Compete for the podium in Featured Multiplayer events with a race weekend inspired structure or create the racing you and your friends desire in Free Play.

Online racing is safer, more fun, and more competitive with AI-powered Forza Race Regulations, tire and fuel strategy, and new driver and safety ratings.

Pre-order Forza Motorsport to Receive Early Access

Pre-order the Forza Motorsport Premium Edition and be first on the starting line with 5 days of early access beginning October 5, 2023. Xbox Game Pass members, as well as Forza Motorsport Standard Edition and Deluxe Edition players, can upgrade to the Premium Add-Ons Bundle to receive early access and all other add-on content included in the Premium Edition.

4 Likes

Game Editions
Three editions available:

Standard Edition @ R1399
This edition included with Game Pass as a Day One release

Race 500+ cars including modern race cars across 20 living environments featuring dynamic time-of-day with weather and multiple layouts.

Deluxe Edition @ R1799

Includes the full game and Car Pass. Car Pass content is available as released and delivers 30 new-to-Forza cars to your game weekly, one per week.

Premium Edition @ R1999

Includes the full game with 5 days early access, the Race Day Car Pack, Car Pass, VIP Membership and Welcome Pack.
The Race Day Car Pack features 8, new-to-Forza cars built for the track; Car Pass delivers 30 new-to-Forza cars to your game weekly, one per week; VIP rewards 2X credits, 5 Forza Edition cars and more; Welcome Pack unlocks 5 cars and bonus credits

Premium Edition Add-Ons Bundle @ R799 (R720 with GP)
The four Premium Edition Add-ons (Race Day Car Pack, Car Pass, VIP Membership, Welcome Pack) cannot currently be purchased separately. They can only be purchased in this Add-Ons Bundle. (If you pre-order this you will also get the 5 days of early access.)

PC - Steam

The game will also be available to purchase for PC users through Steam, although the Store Page does not yet list prices. (These should be the same as the Xbox/Windows prices.)

1 Like

ja ne, as expected, this is the prices we need to live with now. so basically I’m not buying new games for the next foreseeable future :laughing:

3 Likes