Forza Motorsport

It would be grand to play an simcade racer on my wheel, with good wheel support. No decent, minimum good support. Life is not only about simulation racing games. Don’t quote me on that, my sweeping idiotic statements are tied to my mood.

That all said, they can fuck right off with that price. I don’t think they’ll pull the people from the fun they are still having in Horizon 5. So, in my mind, more than likely, won’t sell as well as they hope.

I assume they’re hoping to get more buy in for Game Pass? Is it even scheduled to be added on release?

2 Likes

How do we increase the value of our Game Pass offering? Easy! Lets pretend the games in the library are worth more! New games launch at R 89 999…

Reminds me of how municipalities value houses. They run short of money so they increase the property valuations to increase tax revenue. Does not mean the houses are ACTUALLY worth that much.

2 Likes

Exactly this. It’s the same thing with the Starfield pricing (R1400 - R2000 in that case!). Just as @Oltman says - it’s all a perceptional thing. Without even thinking about it, I actually said as much in my Starfield post: “Pricing for outright purchase is very high. You’ll pay less for a full year of Game Pass”.

Yip. All new MS Studio games go to Game Pass on Day One.

1 Like

How do we increase our sales? Put it in Game Pass for “free”!

That said, I’ve got Game Pass anyway, gonna rock the socks off of this.

2 Likes

The thing with subscription models is that once you have the buy-in, it’s very easy to keep that client as the subscriptions are almost so minimal that they are “forgotten” about and seen as a negligible price to pay to maintain the subscription, even if you aren’t actively using it.

1 Like

Hahaha a friend literally just confessed to doing this, he did this previously with Humble Bundle as well.

I’m not ready for that commitment though.

1 Like

i’ll get this on special, forza Motorsport 7 and all the horizons are more than enough for me at present

2 Likes

I would like to get this again, sadly it’s considered EOL.

1 Like

I bought it when they announced EOL and it was on a huge discount on Game Pass.

3 Likes

Looking forward to playing this. The Game Pass version that is, not the version that costs more than a year’s worth of Game Pass.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The big single player component of the upcoming Forza Motorsport release is something being called the Builders Cup Championship.

Check out the Builders Cup career mode in the new Forza Motorsport, a fun, rewarding and competitive single-player campaign where you level and build your favorite cars into track dominators.

Creative Director, Chris Esaki and Principal Software Engineer, Tyler Hennesy introduced and explained the Builders Cup campaign in tonight’s Forza Monthly.

Kyalami is used in the demo :smiley:

5 Likes

Career mode requires an online connection for progress just like GT7, Atleast you dont need an online connection for free play unlike GT7

4 Likes

Forza has started a series of short track reveal teasers. (Possibly the same sort of circuit intro clips that’ll be used in-game whenever you visit a new circuit?)

2 Likes

Anticipating this.

Something I loved in Gran Turismo games is how they broke down the tracks in segments that you learnt time and then took you on the full track. I love this learnability of the track and really gets your track knowledge up.

2 Likes

Any idea if these are laser scanned or just artist’s impressions of the tracks?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s been specifically mentioned, but I’m sure I’ve heard/read somewhere that the new real world circuits - like Kyalami - and some of the older returning circuits - like Spa-Franchorchamp - have been laser scanned and they have used photogrammetry to improve the environments. Kyalami certainly looks pretty accurate to me.

Will see if I can find some specific mention of stuff.

2 Likes

Captured using highly detailed photogrammetry and laser scanning, every track boasts ten times more detail than previous entries, from detailed trackside vegetation to tens of thousands of fully animated 3D spectators filling the crowds.

Combined with physically-based lighting, physically based lighting, volumetric fog effects, and dynamic time-of-day, tracks in Forza Motorsport have never looked more realistic.

Take it with a pinch of salt. But I believe even in previous entries they did laser scan some tracks. I am sure Nurgurgring was one of them.

3 Likes

Pretty stupid not to bring back alps, prague rio, dubai etc, they could have added more polygonal detail to those tracks and they would surely look amazing in the new engine, now theyre just concentrating on mostly race tracks which is a mistake imo, im still yearning for fujimi kaido to return or rally de positano

4 Likes

Track Pack Expansion DLCs maybe??

Meanwhile, three more track tip reveals are out, one of which is a new fictional, the second a returning fictional that’s been around since the OG Forza Motorsport, and a newly scanned classic real circuit:

2 Likes