Forza Motorsport

The last corner I am getting down okay now.
But yeah, if your braking and entry is not good going into the blind corner, it screws up the rest of the run into the next few corners before the short straight

1 Like

I’ll do my first lap over the weekend. Unfortunately this week plagued by internetlessness and work.

1 Like

I can’t see how @Flex can get a time like that without using a wheel setup.

I drove two laps and decided screw this. I don’t have the time or the skill to get anywhere close to you guys.

Maybe give it another try with the 84 Civic? Its a much easier car to drive. I dont feel that Clio is particularly good.

1 Like

Yeah this corner gets me everytime.

Try the Golf MK1.

@Blazzok and @DohcWP, I’m selling my Forza 7 if you or anyone else are interested.

1 Like

You have to be very sensitive with your controls, not going from one extreme to the next. Being very gentle. but have to admit, the latest time I put up was really pushing it!

Nooo really? Why man??

The MK1 feels too heavy to me for some reason. Too much under steer

Thanks for the heads-up Soli, but I’m swamped with games as it is. :slight_smile:

Sorry @Flex. I’m swamped with at the moment. Not just games wise but everything. I’ve already completed the single player campaign and just don’t have the time to realistically compete with you guys. So hopefully someone can take it from me who wants to compete.

Yeah, I watched your replay and I must say, some of those corners are very questionable.

Problem is, I struggle with with the pressure sensitive stuff, those micro adjustments. My fingers battle in those situations and I don’t get a proper feel for it.

Here are the results so far for the 2nd challenge

Any tips on reducing serious understeer in the Honda? I’m constantly drifting way wide, especially in the first corner at the top of the hill and the hairpin just before the last sector. Final corner as well but at least there I can run on to the curb on the left and still be okay.

(This thread is probably not the right place for it, but maybe a couple of the more experienced racers would consider starting a “MEW Driving School” thread where they could help with general in-game driving tips, setups, tuning, etc.? Like at the moment I have a need for tips on drifting in Forza 7 in order to finish a Forzathon Challenge.)

Slow in, fast out! That is the only way to really counter a front engined front wheel drive car. With ABS off that is a bit easier to do as well.

Would have to be game specific I reckon? I myself am not a pro Tuner. I know lots about working on bikes, but not so much cars. Even though id love to be able to tune cars well in real life and games. Suspension is a totally different story.
There are however tunes that you can load from other people who have made and shared their tunes

1 Like

Out of Curiosity, what view do you guys use?

Mostly Bumper, sometimes cockpit.

Just discovered that T1 has a very appropriate name:

Did some reading and it seems Bumper and Chase camera are the most popular among the fast guys. Bumper and Hood have always felt strange. Will maybe give chase a try.

Hahahaha at that T1 Name. I have no issues with T1. I Struggle getting the apex into T3a without getting out of shape into T3b and T4, screwing up my run to T5.

But I definitely struggle the most with T8 and T9, seems I am slowing down much more that I should need to for T9, and have a feeling it might be because of entry into T8

I only use cockpit view. The others feel weird to me

1 Like