Free Games (Steam/Origin/Epic/GOG/Prime)

Got my GTA5. Now I’m almost curious to look into getting the launcher running on Linux…

4 Likes

Epic Launcher works with lutris, and BL3. Stuttering, but i didn’t do all the tweaks yet. Still playable, 75fps on high settings, GTX 1080. Since the rockstar launcher or steam launcher with proton works with GTA V, can’t be that hard to get it working with EGS launcher.

5 Likes

Ya, I did come across it working in Proton. I do, however, have to wonder if it will be even worth playing on Epic online… I mean, it is now free, and it will be swarmed with idiots.

4 Likes

:man_shrugging: Online idiots will always outnumber you. Best to game with friends.

5 Likes

Got in and got it. The website still shows 403 but the launcher eventually let me log in.

4 Likes

Discovery Tour by Assassin’s Creed: Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece on UPLAY
https://free.ubisoft.com/
also available from the uplay client
(separate store links)

https://store.ubi.com/us/game/?pid=5a7d728d0c8ee45b54018f23
https://store.ubi.com/us/game/?pid=5d4040cd5cdf9a07d09464ac

6 Likes

Managed to get on Epic Store this morning just fine.

4 Likes

I also managed to get into Epic last night and claim and download GTA V during the evening. Took a bit of time to get in but at least I got it. I finished the game on Xbox a few years ago, and it’s a great game. But now that I have a PC capable of playing the latest games, I want to try it out of PC, and I’ve been thinking about doing another playthrough of GTA. Plus now there are going to endless amounts of people for online play as well.

4 Likes

Thanks to Epics voucher and sale

That’s how they get you :grinning:

4 Likes

Been trying to get this since last night, but I’m getting an error every time… It isn’t in my library/purchases/keys either…

2 Likes

i just logged into the launcher on my laptop and boom redeemed gtaV

5 Likes

Stumbled across a fairly random freebie on the Xbox site:

apps.12045.69139473148334582.7a1f9196-dd77-4202-b6e8-7cf14e1e0ebd

It is on Game Pass for Console at the moment, but snagging the fully free version will keep the game on your account should it ever be pulled from Game Pass. Only available for one more day.

9 Likes

Get The LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Video Game
Free to keep when you get it before 22 May @ 8:59am. Some limitations apply. (?)

9 Likes

Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi now free in Steam Store

5 Likes

Nice! I love the Lego games and so do my kids! :smiley:

3 Likes

Four Kings One War

Free to keep when you get it before 19 May @ 9:00am. Some limitations apply.

ping @MetalSoup

3 Likes

Thanks, only had it on my wishlist because I knew it was going to be free and wanted to be ready to grab it. It’s probably not that great but maybe it’s worth a shot. The VR mode dlc is also free now, they apparently had trouble making it free before.

3 Likes

Pinch of salt unverified rumour time… Epic are planning some big freebie releases for the 4 weeks of their sale. We know the first one - GTA V - but an image allegedly of a slide from an internal presentation is doing the rounds at the moment. And if it is accurate, there’s some good gaming to be had for free from the EGS in the next few weeks:

EYD3BuEU0AcRy7i

4 Likes

All great games, but sadly ones I already own on other platforms. Except Ark, which I have no interest in playing.

1 Like

If you “buy” a free game on epic at the moment, do you still get the $10 off coupon?

3 Likes