Game Club 12: COVID-19 Lockdown edition: The Vote

The nominations and seconds are in. I am proud to present to you the ballot for the Most Epic Game Club: Lockdown edition.

For those who may not know… Game Club is like a book club for games. We select a game, then play it through from start to finish over a set period while discussing it on the forum. Sometimes we talk nonsense on Discord, but that’s optional. What’s not optional is posting on the forum.

Since WACS is down an probably killing everyone’s download speeds, I’ll be running the vote until the morning of 31 March. Hopefully that will give everyone enough time to download our chosen Game Club game.

You may vote for every game you would like to play over the next two months. Maybe one day, Discourse will add a ranking feature to polls so that you can rank which games you would like to play.

For now it’s a simple multiple choice poll. Note that you can change your vote up until the deadline:

• Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (8 hours)
  • Undertale (10.5 hours)
  • Yakuza 0 (65 hours)
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (13.5 hours)
  • Mass Effect 2 (35.5 hours)
  • Beautiful Desolation (12 hours)
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence (12 hours)

0 voters

Tagging everyone who nominated games in this round: @1nF4m0u5, @murfle, @Wlad, @Solitude, @Beo, @Wyvern.

3 Likes

Voted for the only game I’ve got… lol

3 Likes

I voted for undertale because I think I have it somewhere in humble.

A plague tale: innocence is just a bit too expensive at the moment.

3 Likes

I have plagues tale again thanks to R50 for gamepass

1 Like

Of all the games listed, I do only have Mass Effect 2.

I got ME2, Yakuza 0 and Hellblade

1 Like

Voting remains open until 10:00 tomorrow morning.

Vote now! Vote now!

3 Likes

Guys what is Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice like? Is it like Darksouls?

3 Likes

Hellblade was gifted to me by the legends on this forum, and I started playing it some weeks ago.

Sadly, I’ve never played Dark Souls. My understanding is that combat in 'Souls is difficult.

Hellblade’s fights can be hard and in the first few hours of playing there have been some cool puzzles. It’s probably more “Souls lite”.

2 Likes

Hellblade is not a Soulslike game at all. Not in the least. It is an action adventure game at heart, there are no stats to level or weapons to collect. It focuses on mental illness and the game uses binaural audio to highlight this so it is 100% recommended that you play with headphones (so you can hear all the voices talking in Senua’s head as intended). Hellblade’s combat is nothing like a soulslike either and the game has a lot of environmental puzzles to solve.

5 Likes

If Senua wins it will be the third time I’m restarting the game. It has weird performance issues on AMD cards where the game doesn’t properly utilise the GPU so you get far less frames than you should. There are ways of fixing it with launch options but with the Windows Game Pass version adding launch options is an additional challenge because of the way they handle the file system etc.

I then downloaded it on the Xbox One and that worked fine - once I got used to playing with 30 FPS. My sub to XGP at the time ran up then so that’s I had to stop.

Let’s hope 3rd time is the charm.

6 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

So judg-ey in here!

3 Likes

Sorry dude but it’s my favorite game. @Wlad introduced me to it and I love it you should really give it a try and you’ll see it’s a hidden gem

2 Likes

I tried but Dark Souls ran like crap on my PC.

3 Likes

Which one?

2 Likes

The first one.

3 Likes

The remake of the old one? Cause i know the old one used to run bad on pc but with the remaster they used DS3 engine

2 Likes

I actually think it was the first mygame.

3 Likes