Game Pass | Ultimate • Console • PC • Core

Fantastic timing as I’m on leave next week!

3 Likes

Well then, this sucks… I just had a chat with Capitec, they have blocked transactions from microsoft on all capitec accounts, as there was an incident that made a lot of people loose money from unknown microsoft transactions, causing capitec having to pay people back, and apparently it was a whole mess, so I can no longer buy gamepass… or anything else on the microsoft store. Well, I did not really buy anything on the MS store in any case, but I am sure there are going to be a lot of office 365 buyers very unhappy now.

3 Likes

Yeah, my Game Pass is on my Capitec account, as are most of my online purchases!

2 Likes

@TechThief and @oltman

I used to use this site for my GamePass subscription until MS dropped the direct pricing. It’s not too much more for a month’s sub R125 vs R119.

https://www.egifts24.co.za/xbox-game-pass/

If you only want PC GamePass then there is a 3 month option for R280 on the drop down menu. Also a bit more than direct but a viable workaround.

3 Likes

WTAF? Because Microsoft are such a dodgy business. :roll_eyes: That sounds like a sledgehammer solution because we don’t know how to fix it.

3 Likes

I know right. I have emailed them now to try and get a better understanding, I am sure the operator I spoke to just had like the basic script they all have, so maybe they were unable to give me the full story, hopefully someone who knows a bit more will be able to shed some light as to what is going on.

3 Likes

So weird! I want to resub pc game pass but MS offers me 50 euro for the first month then 359 euro every month after that as an option, where did my R79 a month go I used to have???

2 Likes

Nevermind, resubbed through the app rather than the MS account page and it was back to the normal price.

3 Likes

Microsoft all like “I hope he likes it when I talk foreign.”
Shrike all like “Tsek!”

4 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

It’s the first Tuesday of September which means it’s Game Pass Announcement Day! Here’s all the goodies coming to Game Pass subscribers in the first half of the month. We’ve got some Disney Magic, some seriously excellent train simulation, and a Metal slaying Hellsinger too! They do say that variety is the spice of life…

ICYMI: Available Now

• Grid Legends (Console and PC) EA Play
    Buckle up for high-octane racing as Grid Legends becomes the latest game to join The Play List with EA Play. Game Pass Ultimate members can experience edge-of-your-seat motorsport action, an immersive story mode in ‘Driven to Glory’, and stunning racing variety, as recurring EA Play events keep the wheel-to-wheel action alive.

Available Today: Tuesday, 6 September

• Disney Dreamlight Valley: Founder’s Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Day One Game Pass Release
    Get early access, exclusive cosmetic rewards, and in-game currency for Disney Dreamlight Valley, a hybrid between a life-sim and an adventure game rich with quests, exploration, and engaging activities featuring Disney and Pixar friends, both old and new. Once an idyllic land, Dreamlight Valley was a place where Disney and Pixar characters lived in harmony – until the Forgetting. Night Thorns grew across the land and severed the wonderful memories tied to this magical place. Now it’s up to you to discover the stories of this world and bring the magic back to Dreamlight Valley!

• Opus Magnum (PC) ID@Xbox
    An open-ended puzzle game from Zachtronics, the creators of Shenzhen I/O. Master the intricate, physical machinery of the transmutation engine – the alchemical engineer’s most advanced tool – and use it to create vital remedies, precious gemstones, deadly weapons, and more.

• Train Sim World 3 (Console and PC) ID@Xbox
    Explore three highly detailed routes and learn the controls of the nine high-powered locomotives in Train Sim World 3 with the brand-new Training Center. Battle through extreme weather with the new dynamic weather system and see volumetric skies powered by a new lighting system that breathes new life into the routes of Train Sim World 3.- - -

Coming Soon: Tuesday, 13 September

• Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation (PC) ID@Xbox
    A massive-scale real-time strategy game where you command entire armies on a dynamic battlefield. Conquer multiple worlds across several single-player campaigns; or play with your friends in multiplayer combat.

• DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Suit up as super-dogs Krypto and Ace to uncover Lex Luthor’s plot to pet-nap Metropolis’ strays. Soar through the skies, unleash your special abilities and protect the streets of Metropolis from Lex’s plans and bring the evil LexBots to heel.

Coming Soon: Wednesday, 14 September

• You Suck at Parking (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
    You Suck at Parking is the world’s most extreme parking game, and the only racing game where the goal is to stop. The game is all physics based and you drive, drift, jump, and teleport through tricky courses. Collect cars, learn new mechanics, and customize your ride in this ever-evolving parking racer. When you’re done beating world records in the solo campaign, give your friends the hard shoulder in multiplayer, and battle to pull into podium position!

Coming Soon: Thursday, 15 September

• Despot’s Game (Console and PC) ID@Xbox
    Guide puny humans through Despot’s Game – a rogue-like tactics army battler. Equip your team and sacrifice them through procedural dungeons as you fight enemies, and other players!

• Metal: Hellsinger (PC and Xbox Series X|S) ID@Xbox
    Metal: Hellsinger is a rhythm FPS brimming with diabolical enemies, powerful weapons, and metal music. Strike terror into the hearts of demons as you fight your way through eight Hells on an infernal journey to achieve the purest of goals: Vengeance.

Leaving Soon: Thursday, 15 September

A host of games leaving the Games Pass libraries mid-month. Get some done now, or hope they come back eventually. And if there’s anything you really want to keep for longer, remember that your GP subscription gets you a 20% discount on buying the game. But only if you make the purchase while the game is in Game Pass. Snooze. Lose. Etc.

• A Plague Tale: Innocence (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Aragami 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Craftopia (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Final Fantasy XIII (Console and PC)
  • Flynn: Son of Crimson (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • I Am Fish (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Lost Words: Beyond the Page (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Mighty Goose (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • SkateBird (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Artful Escape (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Next Game Pass library announcements should be Tuesday, 20 September

3 Likes

Also ICYMI - Immortals Fenyx Rising is now available on Game Pass

3 Likes

I finally got my Ubisoft account working with Game Pass. What I figured out was that, because I used Uplay on console, my Xbox account was linked to the Ubisoft account with the same email address, which is different from my main Ubisoft account. So I just reset the password on the Ubisoft account with my Xbox email account, and unlinked the account. Then logging into my main Ubisoft account I linked the Xbox account. Actually easy peazy. Now I can play the Ubisoft games!

5 Likes

The demo for this was really fun. I hope the full game lives up to it.

3 Likes

My little one was enjoying the little time he had with Dreamlight Valley this morning before load-shedding rudely interrupted.

3 Likes

Tokyo Game Show Xbox Stream

Big Xbox push into Japan. Some strong announcements made about games coming to Game Pass. Including that Deathloop is confirmed to be coming to Game Pass on its console release next week, 20 September.

Available Today

• Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
    Delve into Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and live epic adventures in a world where every choice matters. From an outcast Spartan mercenary to a legendary Greek hero, embark on a breathtaking journey to uncover the secrets of your past and change the fate of Ancient Greece, a war-torn world shaped by gods and men, where mountains and sea collide. Experience seamless naval exploration, and brand-new ways to fight. Meet Ancient Greece’s famous figures and interact with them during a pivotal point in history that shaped western civilization.
  • Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
    This is the newest mainline entry in the Danganronpa series known for its high-speed deduction action class trials used in uncovering murder culprits. This entry revitalizes the series’ setting and characters with a “psycho-cool” theme in visuals and presentation that brings excitement to an all-new story unfolding in an all-new academy.

• Fuga: Melodies of Steel
    From CyberConnect2 and available starting today with Xbox Game Pass, Fuga: Melodies of Steel is an RPG where you place children, each with their own unique characteristics and skills, at different gun turrets in a tank to fight against the enemy.

• Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Remastered)
    Available for the first time on Xbox and with Game Pass, Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch Remastered will let players explore the world of Ni no Kuni as if they were inside a Studio Ghibli film themselves! With music from Joe Hisaishi, players will immerse themselves in a variety of beautiful environments throughout the story and visit vast and endless fields, streets filled with lush greenery and water, and a dungeon with a peculiarly enticing atmosphere.

Coming Tuesday, 20 September

Deathloop
DEATHLOOP is Arkane Lyon’s take on an assassination experience, seamlessly blending single player gameplay with multiplayer drama. The winner of more than 300 “Best Of” awards, DEATHLOOP pits two rival assassins in an endless battle for the future. The Xbox release of DEATHLOOPcomes with all updates released for the game since its launch, so players can look forward to photomode, additional accessibility options, cross-play matchmaking, and a host of quality-of-life fixes. In addition, Arkane Lyon is also releasing the GOLDENLOOP Update to the game, which brings a new weapon, a powerful new ability, new enemy types, an extended ending, and more! DEATHLOOP is available for pre-order on Xbox Series X|S or pre-install with Xbox Game Pass now ahead of its release on September 20, 2022.

5 Likes

More awesome releases! More of the games that I’ve been wanting to play! More of a reason to push for a 4 day working week! :grin:

5 Likes

at this rate I can only spare 3 days for work :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

Nice. Very nice. Very, very nice set of titles being added to the Game Pass libraries this round. These are the Game Pass additions for the second half of September. These join those announced last week at the Tokyo Games Show.

ICYMI - Available Now

• Amazing Cultivation Simulator (PC)
    Rise up in a search for immortality in this strategy sim and management game based on Chinese mythology. Rebuild your sect and train new disciples through the path of cultivation. Research magic and gather mystical artifacts, face ancient dangers and other sects in your path to spiritual ascension.

Available Today - Tuesday, 20 September

• Deathloop (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)

In the critically acclaimed Deathloop, two rival assassins are trapped in a mysterious timeloop on the island of Blackreef. As Colt, the only chance for escape is to end the cycle by assassinating eight key targets before the day resets. Learn from each cycle, try new approaches, and do whatever it takes to break the timeloop. Enjoy a slew of features like photomode, accessibility options, and the Goldenloop Update with a new weapon and ability, cross-play matchmaking, an extended ending, and more.

• Hardspace: Shipbreaker (Cloud and Xbox Series X|S)
    Already on PC Game Pass and now coming to Cloud Gaming and Xbox Series X|S
    Equipped with cutting-edge salvaging tech, carve, and slice a variety of derelict spaceships at will in zero-g to recover valuable materials. Be careful with your tools: you don’t want to trigger an explosive chain reaction that could be deadly, or worse – costly! Upgrade your gear to take on more lucrative contracts to pay your debt to Lynx Corporation through a compelling campaign, relax in freeplay, or compete in timed challenges.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 22 September

• SpiderHeck (Console and PC)
    SpiderHeck is a fast-paced couch co-op brawler. Duel to the death against your friends and catch delight as they pull off the ultimate parkour feat, before catapulting themselves face-first into the lava. Or join forces and show those pesky insects who are the real heck masters here!

• Beacon Pines (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Beacon Pines is a cute and creepy storybook adventure where you use charms to rewrite fate. Something strange is happening and Luka and his friends are the only ones taking notice! Sneak out late, make new friends, uncover hidden truths, and collect words that will change the course of fate.

• Slime Rancher 2 (Game Preview) (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)

Continue the adventures of ace slime rancher Beatrix LeBeau as she journeys to Rainbow Island, a prismatic paradise brimming with ancient technology, unknown natural resources, and an avalanche of wiggling, jiggling, new slimes to wrangle. A mysterious, new world is waiting for you to explore however you choose!

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 27 September

• Moonscars (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Unravel the mystery of your existence in this challenging, yet rewarding, souls-like 2D platform slasher! As the fierce clayborne warrior Grey Irma, you must push your combat skills to the limit and master new abilities to progress through this stunning yet unforgiving world. Facing off against relentless enemies and the cruel mistress the Moon, you will discover your past and finally find the peace you so desperately desire.

• Grounded – Full Release (Cloud, Console, and PC)

The full release of Grounded is coming on September 27! Experience the full story while you and up to three of your friends explore the entire backyard. Discover how you were shrunk down to the size of an ant and why you were put into the backyard while finding a way to get big again.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 29 September

• Let’s Build A Zoo (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Let out your wild side with this cute management sim! Import and breed rare creatures, hire the right staff, keep your visitors happy, and deal with plenty of weird and wonderful events. Then try your hand at DNA Splicing, and stitch together over 300,000 different types of animals!

• Valheim (Game Preview) (PC)

Valheim is a brutal exploration and survival game for 1-10 players set in a procedurally-generated world inspired by Norse mythology. Craft powerful weapons, construct longhouses, and slay mighty foes to prove yourself to Odin!

Coming Soon - Friday, 30 September

• PAW Patrol Grand Prix (Cloud, Console, and PC) – September 30
    No track is too big, no racer too small! The PAW Patrol are on their fastest mission yet – To win the Pup Cup! Race around iconic locations including Adventure Bay, Jake’s Snowboarding Resort and The Jungle in this 4-player-championship to find out who will be crowned the winner.

Leaving Soon - Friday, 30 September

The following games are being withdrawn from the Game Pass libraries at the end of the month:

• AI: The Somnium Files (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Astria Ascending (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Dandy Ace (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Dirt 4 (PC) EA Play
  • Dirt Rally (PC) EA Play
  • Going Under (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Lemnis Gate (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Slime Rancher (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Subnautica: Below Zero (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Procession to Calvary (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Unsighted (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Visage (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Next Game Pass announcements should be Tuesday, 4 October

4 Likes

I really don’t need another Paw Patrol game in my household!

I am keen to try out Deathloop and Shipbreaker though!

2 Likes

But it’s the Grand Prix one so it’s allowed! :smiley:

2 Likes